Bullnose Forums

doors

snakebite8

I'm trying to see if the lower corner of your door is indented like mine.

It's not indented. It just has one little hump there, about an inch square. The doors on my '84 are the same. However, the doors do have the wider divider by the vent window from a Bricknose door. I know the doors are not original to the truck as they have the big 2" holes for the speaker conduits, and the truck did not have door speakers from the factory. They are likely aftermarket replacement doors, but how did they end up with Bricknose glass in them I don't know...lol. I'll have a better look at it tomorrow when I'm at work.

Hey everyone. I picked up a set of doors from someone else. They r from a 1996. Power everything. Rust free. Not bad for 75 bucks. I’ll post some pics tomorrow. I’m really liking the idea of maybe keeping power windows and locks and mirrors. In the cab is there wiring for them? My truck did not come with power but I do know some cars and trucks have the wiring in the dash even if the doors did not have power. Any idea if I can do that?

Hey everyone. I picked up a set of doors from someone else. They r from a 1996. Power everything. Rust free. Not bad for 75 bucks. I’ll post some pics tomorrow. I’m really liking the idea of maybe keeping power windows and locks and mirrors. In the cab is there wiring for them? My truck did not come with power but I do know some cars and trucks have the wiring in the dash even if the doors did not have power. Any idea if I can do that?

You can do that if you get the sub-harness and have the socket installed in your fuse panel.

I doubt a '96 will have the same harness plugs though.

So you might have to splice or re-pin it there.