Bullnose Forums

Living in the land of rust...

Rembrant

I was on the road all day with work so I decided to drop by the junkyard on the way home to go for a walk and stretch my legs. I happened to walk by this Dodge pickup and had to take a picture of the condition lol. I’ve seen newer trucks than this one in there. Any wonder I can’t find any Bullnose parts around here...lol.

3A0FDC01-937A-42F5-A118-025715A43ADF.jpeg.f12eaeecdf2b545c0f65ed6a9f717b74.jpeg

3BF13259-3F3F-49BC-9D2F-3207973B1F10.jpeg.f4d9045fed5e4e24c8093fc168a637f5.jpeg

It's newer than my newest truck. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Ha, I'm sure it is.

This one is an extreme example, but it's not that uncommon to see them like this. This one may have been used at a commercial fish or lobster plant and had salt water on it all the time, or maybe it had salt spreader on it, but either way, it's pretty bad lol.

Ha, I'm sure it is.

This one is an extreme example, but it's not that uncommon to see them like this. This one may have been used at a commercial fish or lobster plant and had salt water on it all the time, or maybe it had salt spreader on it, but either way, it's pretty bad lol.

Man, that is AWFUL! :nabble_smiley_argh:

Here in Florida you'll see this on pool cleaning trucks. Poor little mid-size trucks just pouring rust out of the back due to the chemicals. The front of the trucks are completely spotless, but the rear halves look like they were dipped in a pool of salt.

Ha, I'm sure it is.

Exactly my thought. :nabble_smiley_scared:

I wonder if you couldn't get a polybed, or CRES option for salt trucks?

I'm sure DOT around here used to install anodes and electric rust preventers on their fleet.

Now they are using mostly magnesium brine because it doesn't get flung against cars, causing scratches.

Shaun, it's all the oxidative effect of chlorine.

Sodium chloride up here, sodium hypochlorite down there.