Bullnose Forums

Behind-The-Seat Storage Unit Price?

I'd love to see the dimensions too Gary😁, I can make my own then. Probably use plywood to make mine though.

Alan

I expect to buy it over the Thanksgiving holiday, so it will be after that before I can measure it. But I do plan to measure it closely and share them.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4 Velcro about 6" long across the top & bottom and it aint going no where!

I had to pull it out when I installed the carpet I had to really had to pull on the unit to get it to break free.

Also note the back wall is just a single thin sheet metal wall.

Any screws will show on the outside wall.

Dave ----

You could use the heavy duty Velcro that is mushroom to mushroom rather than hook & loop.

The stuff used to hold electronic toll transponders to your windshield.

Gary, while you're on a painting spree, do you intend to colour match it to your cab trim panels?

You could use the heavy duty Velcro that is mushroom to mushroom rather than hook & loop.

The stuff used to hold electronic toll transponders to your windshield.

Gary, while you're on a painting spree, do you intend to colour match it to your cab trim panels?

Jim - By lining the whole back wall with sound deadening and then insulating foam I've painted myself into a corner re how to mount the storage unit. I really have no easy way to use Velcro or anything like that to mount it unless I tear out at least a strip of the insulation. And I'm not sure that would work well as it would probably leave a messy, uneven surface.

It appears that the part of the cab where there's a second piece of metal in addition to the single layer of the back wall is just slightly higher than where the top of the storage unit is likely to hit. So I may be able to fashion some sort of tab from that which will hold the unit against the back wall. But I'll have to wait until I get the unit and set it in there to find out.

But I don't plan to paint it. Preparing it to take the paint would be a huge pain, and I think it will look better in its natural gray than blue. Besides, by then I hope to be D.O.N.E. with painting interior panels. :nabble_smiley_wink: