Bullnose Forums

Behind-The-Seat Storage Unit Price?

Scott - I agree on all points. And, thanks for this link, which gets the price history shown below. I think that answers the question. Looks to me like it must have been selling at about $85 when they discontinued it in '15. Then it went to in the 90's as the supplies dried up, and now the ones that turn up are around $110. Is that the way you read it?

Exactly :nabble_smiley_good:

Do any of you have a clue what a behind-the-seat storage unit would go for. One of my friends on here is selling me one, but we don't know what it is worth and I'm not finding anything online for them.

Here's a pic of the unit. It is made of plastic and it going to work very well for Big Blue. The inverter will go in the slot on the left and there will be plenty of room for other goodies.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n77600/Behind_The_Seat_1.png

You know Gary, that would not be that hard to fab up in metal. You could powder coat/paint, add some rubber bumpers to the bottom and back along with some strong magnets to hold it in place, provided you did not want to drill into the cab. I may do this myself!

Do any of you have a clue what a behind-the-seat storage unit would go for. One of my friends on here is selling me one, but we don't know what it is worth and I'm not finding anything online for them.

Here's a pic of the unit. It is made of plastic and it going to work very well for Big Blue. The inverter will go in the slot on the left and there will be plenty of room for other goodies.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n77600/Behind_The_Seat_1.png

You know Gary, that would not be that hard to fab up in metal. You could powder coat/paint, add some rubber bumpers to the bottom and back along with some strong magnets to hold it in place, provided you did not want to drill into the cab. I may do this myself!

I'd rather use my time to get the many things Big Blue needs, or at least I think he needs, done instead of building something. But, if you want I can take a lot of measurements when I get this one so you'll have something to go from when you make yours. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'd rather use my time to get the many things Big Blue needs, or at least I think he needs, done instead of building something. But, if you want I can take a lot of measurements when I get this one so you'll have something to go from when you make yours. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Let us know the dimensions when you get it. I am getting really close to building one myself. It is my first project in my shop when its done.

Let us know the dimensions when you get it. I am getting really close to building one myself. It is my first project in my shop when its done.

I'll do that. I'll measure it 12 ways from Sunday and someone may chose to draw it up on CAD. And since they are no longer being produced no one is going to complain. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll do that. I'll measure it 12 ways from Sunday and someone may chose to draw it up on CAD. And since they are no longer being produced no one is going to complain. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Little late to the party :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

That looks like the one that I have in my truck, it came with the parts truck.

20190914_045750.jpg.79386247fe58a2df616a6f45dc613699.jpg

20190914_045921.jpg.de81aef6ce632ccaee39b80d8d607417.jpg

20190914_045827.jpg.82f78d426809379926a87026b5d3de99.jpg

Looks to be a fiber glass / plastic mix as you can see the glass in it.

In the parts truck it had thin strips of Velcro to hold in place.

When I placed it in my truck every time you stopped or took off it would hit the rear wall so I picked up a roll of wider Velcro to stick it to the back wall. This way if I ever have to remove it I can.

I for get what all I have in it now but it is nice to have that storage.

Dave ----

Little late to the party :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

That looks like the one that I have in my truck, it came with the parts truck.

Looks to be a fiber glass / plastic mix as you can see the glass in it.

In the parts truck it had thin strips of Velcro to hold in place.

When I placed it in my truck every time you stopped or took off it would hit the rear wall so I picked up a roll of wider Velcro to stick it to the back wall. This way if I ever have to remove it I can.

I for get what all I have in it now but it is nice to have that storage.

Dave ----

Yes, it was originally attached with Velcro. Not sure how I'll attach it, but since it'll hold the 3000 watt inverter it might need more than Velcro. We shall see.

My intent, beyond the inverter, is to put flashlights, gloves, and other "necessary" items back there for easy access. And, since some of my flashlights are rechargeable, I'll have ac power from the inverter to charge them.

Yes, it was originally attached with Velcro. Not sure how I'll attach it, but since it'll hold the 3000 watt inverter it might need more than Velcro. We shall see.

My intent, beyond the inverter, is to put flashlights, gloves, and other "necessary" items back there for easy access. And, since some of my flashlights are rechargeable, I'll have ac power from the inverter to charge them.

A few things come to mind off the bat. A hasp mounted to the cab wall. Install unit fold the hasp to meet the unit and lock it in place. Combine this with a locator pin on the bottom tacked to the body there. There is some large plugs so you could even do a bolt as a locator. You could also do the hasps on top and bottom.

A pricer option if the metal is suitable is some neodymium magnets.

A few things come to mind off the bat. A hasp mounted to the cab wall. Install unit fold the hasp to meet the unit and lock it in place. Combine this with a locator pin on the bottom tacked to the body there. There is some large plugs so you could even do a bolt as a locator. You could also do the hasps on top and bottom.

A pricer option if the metal is suitable is some neodymium magnets.

I have 4 Velcro about 6" long across the top & bottom and it aint going no where!

I had to pull it out when I installed the carpet I had to really had to pull on the unit to get it to break free.

Also note the back wall is just a single thin sheet metal wall.

Any screws will show on the outside wall.

Dave ----

I'd love to see the dimensions too Gary😁, I can make my own then. Probably use plywood to make mine though.

Alan