Bullnose Forums

Heater hose brand....

Westerj

Hi. Not exactly a bullnose topic, but hoses are vital. Bought a poly bag of 5/8" heater hose from ottozone and went to put it on. Not impressed with material. Good for 1.5atm? 22psi?? Really.. lets not over kill it now!! Saw gates hose on slamazon for good price, but do i need 50'? Anyone found place that sells lengths of hose you'd trust? Did find some some good clamps by NORMA TORRO ... now ill chuck a lifetime collection of clamps ( weve all got thaaat box accumulated from every project!!!) and have some on hand.

As long as the hose is mad by someone with a good reputation, someone like goodyear, gates, napa/ belden. the I dont see why it wouldent hold 22 plus psi. Consider this, the adverage semi goes down the road with a 13 to 16 lb coolant cap and uses the same grade of hose and clamps.

Just my humble opinion

The rad cap is going to let loose at 13psi (or whatever it is rated at)

I'd rather lose a hose than a radiator or heater core.

I buy Gates hose by the foot at my local NAPA.

I If you want the numbers for Gates ECL radiator hoses for your truck I can get them in daylight.

I've left the stickers taped on, so I don't screw up if/when one of them goes soft.

Edit: Oh, I'm 100% with you on embossed Norma clamps over the slotted ones (even Gem)

The rad cap is going to let loose at 13psi (or whatever it is rated at)

I'd rather lose a hose than a radiator or heater core.

I buy Gates hose by the foot at my local NAPA.

I If you want the numbers for Gates ECL radiator hoses for your truck I can get them in daylight.

I've left the stickers taped on, so I don't screw up if/when one of them goes soft.

Edit: Oh, I'm 100% with you on embossed Norma clamps over the slotted ones (even Gem)

Gates numbers are

Upper: 22655

Lower: 21505

As long as the hose is mad by someone with a good reputation, someone like goodyear, gates, napa/ belden. the I dont see why it wouldent hold 22 plus psi. Consider this, the adverage semi goes down the road with a 13 to 16 lb coolant cap and uses the same grade of hose and clamps.

Just my humble opinion

The heater hoses on Darth are a set I pulled off a truck at Pick-n-Pull, they are original Ford ones and my experience has been that they will outlast new replacements from any parts store.