Bullnose Forums

Hello all, first time poster, long time reader

Snowpony

Welcome Curt! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Glad to hear you've been making good use of the site.

Keeping year-round trucks in one piece in salt country is a thankless task.

I'm interested in which, and what it took to install a straight axle in your Bronco.

The Bronco you're working on is going to be bright like a sunflower! :nabble_smiley_good:

Do you intend a white or colour matched lid?

Welcome Curt! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Glad to hear you've been making good use of the site.

Keeping year-round trucks in one piece in salt country is a thankless task.

I'm interested in which, and what it took to install a straight axle in your Bronco.

The Bronco you're working on is going to be bright like a sunflower! :nabble_smiley_good:

Do you intend a white or colour matched lid?

Hello, and Thanks!

As for the straight axle swap, I used a 1979 F150 High pinion Dana 44, original 3:50 gears and an Eaton E-locker. I hung it all on James Duffs long arm full-size Bronco swap kit. For what I do with this Bronco, zero regrets!

The other Bronco will be two tone, yellow and white with a white cap.

Thanks for your interest

Curt

Hello, and Thanks!

As for the straight axle swap, I used a 1979 F150 High pinion Dana 44, original 3:50 gears and an Eaton E-locker. I hung it all on James Duffs long arm full-size Bronco swap kit. For what I do with this Bronco, zero regrets!

Thanks for your interest

Curt

Thank you for the detailed reply.

The D44 with E-locker must be a lot simpler to deal with than TTB with a plow hanging over it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Do you find the turning radius any better with the solid axle?

Hello, and Thanks!

Thanks for your interest

Curt

So the arms connect to the axle at the diamond-shaped fittings? I helped WelderScott change out the bushings on his, so am somewhat familiar with them.

So the arms connect to the axle at the diamond-shaped fittings? I helped WelderScott change out the bushings on his, so am somewhat familiar with them.

Yes, the new arms attach to the housing at the c-bushings as the 73-79 4x4 trucks do.

The arms are made with a bend to keep larger tires from rubbing the arms. So they may increase radius a bit.

The TTB axle didn't the weight of my plow, carrying that much weight sure pulled the front of my Bronco, and the tops of the tires in. Even with air bags in the springs.

Pinion angle can be changed with different degree c-bushings. Drive shaft length didn't change in my Bronco when I did the SAS .

Yes, the new arms attach to the housing at the c-bushings as the 73-79 4x4 trucks do.

The arms are made with a bend to keep larger tires from rubbing the arms. So they may increase radius a bit.

The TTB axle didn't the weight of my plow, carrying that much weight sure pulled the front of my Bronco, and the tops of the tires in. Even with air bags in the springs.

Pinion angle can be changed with different degree c-bushings. Drive shaft length didn't change in my Bronco when I did the SAS .

Good to know. Thanks.

Hello, and Thanks!

Thanks for your interest

Curt

Another new member -Calperry- has a bright yellow Bronco, but his is monochromatic.

Perhaps I see a trend? :nabble_anim_confused: