Bullnose Forums

Rear diff u-bolts

Installing the rear diff on my truck. The original u-bolts holding diff to springs came with metric locking flange nuts. Cannot find them local. Do these nuts need to be lock nuts?

I don't think so. I replaced the u-bolts on my 1984 Flareside (with standard threads), and I think I just used regular nuts and lock washers.

Installing the rear diff on my truck. The original u-bolts holding diff to springs came with metric locking flange nuts. Cannot find them local. Do these nuts need to be lock nuts?

I don't think so. I replaced the u-bolts on my 1984 Flareside (with standard threads), and I think I just used regular nuts and lock washers.

Part number is N620484-S56. They are currently on backorder, but there are dealers out there with stock on hand.

If you aren't concerned about originality, most spring suppliers use standard split lock washers and hi-nuts. The hi-nuts give you more thread engagement.

Part number is N620484-S56. They are currently on backorder, but there are dealers out there with stock on hand.

If you aren't concerned about originality, most spring suppliers use standard split lock washers and hi-nuts. The hi-nuts give you more thread engagement.

Thanks. That is what direction i was heading.