Bullnose Forums

"Powered by Ford" Grand Wagoneer...

FoxFord33

I did ask my dad, and he had looked around recently for his go-devil 1952 jeep to be bored and honed, but his findings led him to get file-your-own ring sets. It stopped the visible smoke from the tailpipe, but he's using his jeep like most people use side-by-side Polaris Rangers or John Deere Gators. So that works for intermittent farm use, and no roads.

But we're going to be calling around. Your connections are appreciated also! If it's in OK, KS, MO, or AR, I think I could see making a trip for that purpose. Well, 2 trips; one to drop it and one to pick it up. I won't have failed in this until after Memorial day when I can call these places. Still hopeful!

Just a note to let anyone following that I am planning a path forward, but I am still in the same spot; I just have run thin on resources, so it would be pointless to continue without being able to pay for goods or services. I have put my project on ice. Not to worry! I will be continuing once some debts are paid off. In the meantime, I am doing some side jobs to raise project money.

I am going to be gauging the cylinder bores to verify even wear and check the need for re-boring them, and if they don't need bored, I will hone them and re-ring pistons. I have a line on some pistons that are not broken like the ones I accidentally dropped while removing them from my engine...

Body work will be continuing some time this fall and winter. I am looking to borrow a rotisserie in order to tackle the frame, floor, and body mounts.

More to come! I haven't given up!

• 5 months later...

Just a note to let anyone following that I am planning a path forward, but I am still in the same spot; I just have run thin on resources, so it would be pointless to continue without being able to pay for goods or services. I have put my project on ice. Not to worry! I will be continuing once some debts are paid off. In the meantime, I am doing some side jobs to raise project money.

I am going to be gauging the cylinder bores to verify even wear and check the need for re-boring them, and if they don't need bored, I will hone them and re-ring pistons. I have a line on some pistons that are not broken like the ones I accidentally dropped while removing them from my engine...

Body work will be continuing some time this fall and winter. I am looking to borrow a rotisserie in order to tackle the frame, floor, and body mounts.

More to come! I haven't given up!

Update:

I have purchased a 98 explorer with a 5.0 and 4r70w for the transmission for use in my Wagoneer. The engine might go into my 97 T-bird as a fun project. The 4wd Trans will be a smaller option for my project, and I am working to remove the parts now.

Update:

I have purchased a 98 explorer with a 5.0 and 4r70w for the transmission for use in my Wagoneer. The engine might go into my 97 T-bird as a fun project. The 4wd Trans will be a smaller option for my project, and I am working to remove the parts now.

Good score!

That's a desirable vehicle!

If you're looking to go through the tranny, I saw a whole bunch of NOS OEM and upgraded parts on the uhaultruckpartsonline eBay store when I was looking for NOS flywheel bolts for Jonathan.

They do combined shipping and get it out that day.

Can't say enough about them!

If you do go that way, be sure to leave vendor feedback in the marketplace.

Update:

I'm confused. That thing on the trailer said Mercury. Did I miss another fun night? :nabble_anim_confused: