Bullnose Forums

83 F100 Upgrade

Bisquik1959

That's about as big as they were. As for whether or not they work, the factory put them on specific trucks for a reason, but I suspect it was a whole bunch of little things that made the difference.

Anyway, like Dane said, let us know how it goes.

I tested with and without the factory "air dam" on my daily urban loop with maximum speeds of 45 mph. This data spanned about 12 years. There was ~1/2 MPG difference [+~3%].

I hope it makes a small difference. I drive 120 miles a day in hilly terrain. 65mph in the morning while on a conference call (downhill) and 75-80 on the way home (uphill). I generally get 15 to 16 mpg. The only factor that really screws up the mileage is the wind. This time of year, its very windy and can cause the mpg to drop drastically.

I hope it makes a small difference. I drive 120 miles a day in hilly terrain. 65mph in the morning while on a conference call (downhill) and 75-80 on the way home (uphill). I generally get 15 to 16 mpg. The only factor that really screws up the mileage is the wind. This time of year, its very windy and can cause the mpg to drop drastically.

Let us know what you find, please.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

I am getting ready to put my new bumper on this weekend. Thought I would get some of the remaining Arkansas off of it while I am building bumper brackets. Who would of thought that there was a factory license plate bracket and light hiding under the back of the bed?!20210317_163009.jpg.37548878c2d86aca3fae1ee052f6fb21.jpg

If it wasn't for a little fender bender before I got the truck, I would of done a roll pan. But I finally found a good bumper and can't wait to get it on!

20210317_172304.jpg.fb1ad8313b8000a4c2727a2bda5ffb11.jpg

I am getting ready to put my new bumper on this weekend. Thought I would get some of the remaining Arkansas off of it while I am building bumper brackets. Who would of thought that there was a factory license plate bracket and light hiding under the back of the bed?!

If it wasn't for a little fender bender before I got the truck, I would of done a roll pan. But I finally found a good bumper and can't wait to get it on!

Congratulations!

That's a nice upgrade from "bumper delete" :nabble_smiley_good: