Bullnose Forum

83 F100 Upgrade

Bisquik1959

I'm not sure it is "horrible" in my book, but I think you can do better. What do you have in mind?

Its incredibly horrible in my book. The etched in Arkansas dealer name makes it even worse. Utility or diamond tread bumpers just don't do it for me.

I am gonna get the optional chrome contour bumper. The bumper is available but the brackets are not easy to find. Will most likely have to fab them up.

Its incredibly horrible in my book. The etched in Arkansas dealer name makes it even worse. Utility or diamond tread bumpers just don't do it for me.

I am gonna get the optional chrome contour bumper. The bumper is available but the brackets are not easy to find. Will most likely have to fab them up.

Those are nice looking bumpers. I have one for Dad's truck. But, I don't have brackets - yet.

Those are nice looking bumpers. I have one for Dad's truck. But, I don't have brackets - yet.

Also noticed how small the 215's look on those wider aluminum wheels. I put 30k miles a year on a truck, so I will probably stick with the small tires for another year or so. Thinking 235's next time.

Also noticed how small the 215's look on those wider aluminum wheels. I put 30k miles a year on a truck, so I will probably stick with the small tires for another year or so. Thinking 235's next time.

235's will fill them up much better w/o doing too much to your overall gearing or speedometer readout.

235's will fill them up much better w/o doing too much to your overall gearing or speedometer readout.

You can always change profile to keep the gearing close, though I don't know what's available in 15's.

I don't like the feeling of too wide (or narrow) a tire for the rim.

You can always change profile to keep the gearing close, though I don't know what's available in 15's.

I don't like the feeling of too wide (or narrow) a tire for the rim.

I agree - the wrong width tire on a rim is bad news. My approach is to find the rim's width and go to Tire Rack. Pull up a few tires I'm considering and look at the details to find the recommended rim width.

I agree - the wrong width tire on a rim is bad news. My approach is to find the rim's width and go to Tire Rack. Pull up a few tires I'm considering and look at the details to find the recommended rim width.

My GPS shows the speedo to be about 2mph slow between 75 and 80 which is where I normally cruise on the freeway. The 235 is only an inch taller and according to the speedo calculator I used, that would put the speedo closer to matching the GPS.

These look a little small, but also looked small on the steelies. It won't take long with my daily driving to wear them out and then upgrade. I can't afford to just toss these tires with 10k miles on them for appearance alone.