Bullnose Forums

83 F100 Upgrade

Bisquik1959

Still working away on getting her prettied up. Found a set of my favorite Ford wheels over the weekend. They were rougher that I had hoped and had some damage from the clearcoat failing. I got them cleaned and stripped. Looks like I will have to sand and polish before installing them.

Those are my favorite wheels as well. They look great! :nabble_smiley_good:

Still working away on getting her prettied up. Found a set of my favorite Ford wheels over the weekend. They were rougher that I had hoped and had some damage from the clearcoat failing. I got them cleaned and stripped. Looks like I will have to sand and polish before installing them.

Nice score, and good job!

They look fantastic now, I can't wait to see them mounted. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Well done. Those look great on these trucks!

• 1 month later...

Slowly getting there. Took me the better part of the day to get the front two cleaned up and mounted. Hopefully I can get the rears done this week.

Look very nice!

What all did you use? I'd like to clean up the Alcoa's I have so will be good to know what worked for you.

Look very nice!

What all did you use? I'd like to clean up the Alcoa's I have so will be good to know what worked for you.

First I used spray on paint stripper to get the clear coat off. After that, there was damage to the wheels from the clear coat failing and moisture getting underneath. I used a scotchbrite pad/rubbing compound on a die grinder and attacked the damaged areas and smoothed them out. Then used 2000 grit paper on a drill with Mothers metal polish to smooth it all out.

Wd40 on any of the sanding discs also works when getting the initial defects out.