Bullnose Forums

83 F100 Upgrade

Bisquik1959

Very possible its the fuel filter. Unknown when it was changed last if ever. It only happened under heavy acceleration. I will head over to Napa and get one this morning. Thanks.

Ha! I said heavy acceleration in my old 302. Its too early in the morning to be writing posts 🤣🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Ha! I said heavy acceleration in my old 302. Its too early in the morning to be writing posts 🤣🤣🤣

Had to put a starter in the old girl. The bendix was getting stuck. Still on hold for the engine swap because its sand dune season. Gotta get all the cars ready and maintenanced. I will get back to the swap when the season gets up and rolling or the engine finally gives out. Which ever comes first.

Had to put a starter in the old girl. The bendix was getting stuck. Still on hold for the engine swap because its sand dune season. Gotta get all the cars ready and maintenanced. I will get back to the swap when the season gets up and rolling or the engine finally gives out. Which ever comes first.

No more cutting out on you though?

I generally do about 30k a year going back and forth to work. So it adds up fast.

Today I replaced some worn out and noisy belts and finally got around to installing a front sway bar. I had to use weld on tabs for the beam mount since this truck never had one. I still need to fab up a set of brackets to get the rear bar on. One should help with handling, two will be even better.

20201024_132609.jpg.4804c4afec1a42cc81de9d1296d161e1.jpg

Can't figure out why the pic is sideways lol.

Today I replaced some worn out and noisy belts and finally got around to installing a front sway bar. I had to use weld on tabs for the beam mount since this truck never had one. I still need to fab up a set of brackets to get the rear bar on. One should help with handling, two will be even better.

Two things, I like your Dodge, brings back memories of one I helped a friend with. He kept it in the family too, 360 Mopar with a Torqueflite 727. Used a Mustang II front suspension kit and a Ford 9" in the rear. We nearly went crazy trying to find a 12V wiper motor and linkage for it. He actually bought a Mopar Performance ignition kit and we hid the box and starter relay under a nice stainless steel cover.

Second, I like your old reliable 83 F100, is it 4WD or was that when Ford went to the stamped twin I beams? I found on my 1986 F350 that the sway bar attaching points were stamped pieces that went under the spring seats.

DSC_0527.thumb.jpg.95577b817f914f2f1cf13f809417594b.jpg

Did you notice a change with just the front?