Bullnose Forums

T2K-CAR

85lebaront2

Did some more, got the carpet pretty well fitted and have the console figured out to use the 1986 shifter with the 1989 console and indicator. The power seat switch I relocated to the left door switch plate as the window switches for the 1989 are in the front of the console storage bin.

I need to find a lid for the storage bin (1987-1989 J body LeBaron convertible only). The seats need upholstering (driver's cushion is from the 1985).

Nice! Man, that’s a lot of work!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they ready to go on or need refurb'd?

You are closing in on having the interior done. What else needs to happen before you can drive it?

Exhaust system needs to be installed, seat upholstery needs to be done, remainder of the dash installed, top attached and ultimately replaced. SBEC (engine computer) needs to come back after being socketed for a flash module that will allow me to tune it like I do with Darth.

Exhaust system needs to be installed, seat upholstery needs to be done, remainder of the dash installed, top attached and ultimately replaced. SBEC (engine computer) needs to come back after being socketed for a flash module that will allow me to tune it like I do with Darth.

That looks like stuff you can do this winter. Gonna be driving it next spring? :nabble_smiley_wink:

I hope so.

Did some close to final fit up on the console yesterday after returning from Virginia Beach.

Console from the driver's side:

DSCN4845.thumb.jpg.aa22d2d078ef37ba6542c8a80609eac0.jpg

From the driver's seat, the view looking down, notice that the switch labels are positioned to be read from above:

DSCN4846.thumb.jpg.6760d104e7e3c9e8701fa752854e397e.jpg

The Traveler, a fairly simple fuel mileage at elapsed time computer and the vacuum/boost gauge and warning lights:

DSCN4848.thumb.jpg.59e54bda842b578e95c0020740d162ce.jpg

Did some close to final fit up on the console yesterday after returning from Virginia Beach.

Console from the driver's side:

From the driver's seat, the view looking down, notice that the switch labels are positioned to be read from above:

The Traveler, a fairly simple fuel mileage at elapsed time computer and the vacuum/boost gauge and warning lights:

That's fancy, Bill! The Traveler looks like the CompuCruise I had.

Anyway, it is really starting to come together. I'll bet you are stoked! :nabble_anim_claps:

• 2 weeks later...

That's fancy, Bill! The Traveler looks like the CompuCruise I had.

Anyway, it is really starting to come together. I'll bet you are stoked! :nabble_anim_claps:

Finally got my in car sensor for the ATC system mounted so it will allow my panel dimmer/courtesy light switch to fit. It is located where the 1989 dash is made for it to go so the aspirator fan draws air in through the grille in the lower dash cover. I attached the flasher and the relay I had to add to switch the flasher power from accessory to battery when the hazards are turned on. I was able to glue the flasher and relay to the end of the fuse box so they can be accessed for service.

Here is the sensor with the aspirator in behind the area:

IMG_2727.thumb.jpg.a7dc58dc58b7ba32014f45b87acb38b8.jpg

Here is the fuse box with the relay in front, flasher behind:

DSCN4870.thumb.jpg.e6609eac3995695925c737c293d40375.jpg

Lower cover installed, sorry it is a little blurry, I had to take it somewhat blind:

DSCN4871.thumb.jpg.8d11316fb00dd01b9340e130e0135443.jpg

Here you can see the sensor behind the intake grille:

DSCN4872.thumb.jpg.cb7e20969361d2db40ce4b5487673303.jpg

Finally got my in car sensor for the ATC system mounted so it will allow my panel dimmer/courtesy light switch to fit. It is located where the 1989 dash is made for it to go so the aspirator fan draws air in through the grille in the lower dash cover. I attached the flasher and the relay I had to add to switch the flasher power from accessory to battery when the hazards are turned on. I was able to glue the flasher and relay to the end of the fuse box so they can be accessed for service.

Here is the sensor with the aspirator in behind the area:

Here is the fuse box with the relay in front, flasher behind:

Lower cover installed, sorry it is a little blurry, I had to take it somewhat blind:

Here you can see the sensor behind the intake grille:

Looks good, Bill. Is the ATC system controlled by a dial with temp numbers? Or a lever? Or?

Looks good, Bill. Is the ATC system controlled by a dial with temp numbers? Or a lever? Or?

It is digital, set with a rocker switch up or down. Blower speed, blend door and mode are then controlled by the processor in the control head. All are actuated by small DC motors with reduction gear trains (one worm on the motor then 4 additional stages). Other than the temp, only the mode has any feedback and that is for it's mid position (floor). At face or defrost it stalls against the travel limit for the door and the current spike tells the processor to unpower it. System can only do one task at a time as there is one common for all three and one actuate circuit for each function (blend, fresh/recirc, Face/floor/defrost). Control head is the bottom unit under the vacuum/boost gauge and warning lights in the set of pictures further up.

I have another unit that is vacuum actuated except the blend. On either, blower speed is also controlled. probably PWM control.