Bullnose Forums

T2K-CAR

85lebaront2

Looks great, Bill! What is that Jim says? Oh yes, progress is good!

Got a bit more done, got the switch for the power seat finally working correctly and got some of the trimming and fitting done on the wiring underneath the carpet and passenger seat (6 channel amplifier). Finally got the door panels done, both armrests were cracked, something about 30+ year old cheap plastic).

Here is the left panel:

DSCN4829.thumb.jpg.38f3dfa46a3dc2a3e587c278456f42f8.jpg

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a bit more done, got the switch for the power seat finally working correctly and got some of the trimming and fitting done on the wiring underneath the carpet and passenger seat (6 channel amplifier). Finally got the door panels done, both armrests were cracked, something about 30+ year old cheap plastic).

Here is the left panel:

The carpet and door panel do look great Bill! :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Yes, progress is good. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Here is the left panel:

Looking good, Bill!

And I understand what you mean about cheap plastic. Years ago when I worked for Conoco we had a PVC plant. I asked one of the chemists if GM or Ford used our plastic. His answer was that they wouldn’t touch us with a 10’ pole. But Chrysler did. Which explained why my 3 year old Super Bee sitting in the lot had a split seat cover. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Looking good, Bill!

And I understand what you mean about cheap plastic. Years ago when I worked for Conoco we had a PVC plant. I asked one of the chemists if GM or Ford used our plastic. His answer was that they wouldn’t touch us with a 10’ pole. But Chrysler did. Which explained why my 3 year old Super Bee sitting in the lot had a split seat cover. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Thanks guys, it is definitely a pain working on this stuff.

You can see one of my reinforcements in the courtesy light opening. There is another from the front top of the rear portion that runs along under the inner portion of the pad and one in the front as the tops were warped and in the front part of the rear portion the attachment location inside the lock and mirror switch plate was broken and warped pretty badly.

There is a screw behind the light, another through the opening in the tube above and behind it, one in the front switch opening and one in the front of the pad inside the body of the armrest. and two (one on each end) of the pull strap. All except the one in the tube are concealed by either snap in covers or other components. The switch plates are attached with screws through the countersunk holes in the armrest body. The entire cardboard panel has push-in clips around three sides, back, bottom and front.

You can see one of my reinforcements in the courtesy light opening. There is another from the front top of the rear portion that runs along under the inner portion of the pad and one in the front as the tops were warped and in the front part of the rear portion the attachment location inside the lock and mirror switch plate was broken and warped pretty badly.

There is a screw behind the light, another through the opening in the tube above and behind it, one in the front switch opening and one in the front of the pad inside the body of the armrest. and two (one on each end) of the pull strap. All except the one in the tube are concealed by either snap in covers or other components. The switch plates are attached with screws through the countersunk holes in the armrest body. The entire cardboard panel has push-in clips around three sides, back, bottom and front.

Yes, I see the reinforcement. You are getting creative! :nabble_smiley_good:

I made a mount for the right front speaker then took a big heavy duty trash bag and made a pair of water shields for the doors, Here is the right side, everything is done on the water shield except cutting the speaker opening and remounting it.

IMG_2686.thumb.jpg.1b9bc481c0530772d581abe919916bb3.jpg

I made a mount for the right front speaker then took a big heavy duty trash bag and made a pair of water shields for the doors, Here is the right side, everything is done on the water shield except cutting the speaker opening and remounting it.

That's exactly what I did on Big Blue. Worked well. PROGRESS!

Definitely better than 35 year old tar paper. This would have to be peeled off (more likely cut off), but at least is a readily available replacement.

Looking good Bill! A lot of work on that car.

How did you put the trash bag on, tape? I couldn’t tell in the picture.