Bullnose Forums

T2K-CAR

85lebaront2

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I hope so, the fuse box occupies the area on the other side so that was the best location.

Doing some more interior work. First, I asked my body shop owner friend about something to seal the floor as it is impossible to keep water completely out of a convertible. He and I agreed on a fully hardening bed liner spray can. Once I have verified all the little holes are closed (unused screw holes and a few pinholes) and vacuumed all the little pieces and dirt up I will spray it, once it cures I have the new carpet ready to go in.

Other item I am working on is the door panels, they are cardboard and the armrests and pull straps are attached to them, and screwed to the doors with sheet metal screws. I am using M6X1.0 nutserts on the straps as that is the only thing to pull the doors shut with. The plastic "chrome" and woodgrain backings were worn and cracked so I separated the pieces, painted the "chrome" part and reassembled them. Here is the right door panel with the repaired piece and strap. The inner pair of screws are the ones that will go into the nutserts.

DSCN4810.thumb.jpg.3f7514c621c916860d4bb1f3c99a61d8.jpg

Doing some more interior work. First, I asked my body shop owner friend about something to seal the floor as it is impossible to keep water completely out of a convertible. He and I agreed on a fully hardening bed liner spray can. Once I have verified all the little holes are closed (unused screw holes and a few pinholes) and vacuumed all the little pieces and dirt up I will spray it, once it cures I have the new carpet ready to go in.

Other item I am working on is the door panels, they are cardboard and the armrests and pull straps are attached to them, and screwed to the doors with sheet metal screws. I am using M6X1.0 nutserts on the straps as that is the only thing to pull the doors shut with. The plastic "chrome" and woodgrain backings were worn and cracked so I separated the pieces, painted the "chrome" part and reassembled them. Here is the right door panel with the repaired piece and strap. The inner pair of screws are the ones that will go into the nutserts.

Cool! Never dealt with a convertible before.

Looks like a good plan, Bill. But I’d think the bed liner would seal any pinholes.

Looks like a good plan, Bill. But I’d think the bed liner would seal any pinholes.

Seems like it did, however I brazed the pinhole in the left front floor and the no longer needed one under the seat before coating things. Here are the finished floor area sections:

DSCN4811.thumb.jpg.ae304ff79e3b4378728ac0de12af8e96.jpg

DSCN4812.thumb.jpg.aecc1d10a3e569b366b5f7d3cca332a6.jpg

Seems like it did, however I brazed the pinhole in the left front floor and the no longer needed one under the seat before coating things. Here are the finished floor area sections:

Ok, yesterday after some rearranging of the power seat wiring and securing the end of the moving portion to the floor, I unpacked and laid the carpet in. There are no holes pre-cut into it, but the molded in portions that go over the front seat crossmember provide a solid reference along with the longitudinal reinforcement "spine".

IMG_2678.thumb.jpg.8c62ae7bf9ac7533e4bf984080754279.jpg

IMG_2679.thumb.jpg.58de240e4227997cb906b8fd4f473685.jpg

Ok, yesterday after some rearranging of the power seat wiring and securing the end of the moving portion to the floor, I unpacked and laid the carpet in. There are no holes pre-cut into it, but the molded in portions that go over the front seat crossmember provide a solid reference along with the longitudinal reinforcement "spine".

Looks good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Looks great, Bill! What is that Jim says? Oh yes, progress is good!