Bullnose Forums

T2K-CAR

85lebaront2

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, there are a lot of members here who weren't even born before eprom was outdated.

I hope you are able to repair both modules! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks for the overview. The bit about the Mongoose cable I understood quite well. :nabble_smiley_wink:

EEPROM? Yep, done my share of those.

Good luck on repairing the boards.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the overview. The bit about the Mongoose cable I understood quite well. :nabble_smiley_wink:

EEPROM? Yep, done my share of those.

Good luck on repairing the boards.

First here is the bottom side of the board from SBEC 5235477. Wire is 30ga stranded, cut stripped, tinned and soldered across the broken trace:

DSCN4629.thumb.jpg.ed50cbd2192f816c34d996acc9e03926.jpg

Here is the other part I have been working on, this is the left rear inside quarter trim. Hopefully the wrinkle will be hidden by the seat cushions. It is due to the foam backing that was put on the lower piece by the upholsterer when he stitched it together. The panel is actually 3 pieces, the lower goes up to the top of the welting, the speaker area is two pieces, the inner of which was covered in a porous cloth and the front which the seat belt passes through and the top boot snaps onto with the top folded.

Left_side_rear_interior_panel.thumb.jpg.1362f4b9423f505d7e5aedfd6bfb7c9e.jpg

First here is the bottom side of the board from SBEC 5235477. Wire is 30ga stranded, cut stripped, tinned and soldered across the broken trace:

Here is the other part I have been working on, this is the left rear inside quarter trim. Hopefully the wrinkle will be hidden by the seat cushions. It is due to the foam backing that was put on the lower piece by the upholsterer when he stitched it together. The panel is actually 3 pieces, the lower goes up to the top of the welting, the speaker area is two pieces, the inner of which was covered in a porous cloth and the front which the seat belt passes through and the top boot snaps onto with the top folded.

Hopefully those wrinkles will diminish when the sun cooks them.

It's really coming together, Bill

Progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

I like the way you are repairing the board. That should last and isn't dependent on the glue holding the trace on. :nabble_smiley_good:

And the panel looks great, save for the wrinkle. And as Jim said, perhaps it'll lay down when it gets hot. But in any event it should be hidden by the seat.

Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

I like the way you are repairing the board. That should last and isn't dependent on the glue holding the trace on. :nabble_smiley_good:

And the panel looks great, save for the wrinkle. And as Jim said, perhaps it'll lay down when it gets hot. But in any event it should be hidden by the seat.

Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Here are a couple more pictures of the left rear quarter interior installed in the car. It will all have to come out when the top is installed for access. The upright panel serves as the support for the rear seatback and the cushion goes under the seat back and has two bolts from the front holding it in (for reference a Mustang fastback rear seat is more comfortable. I also have the speaker mounted, I decided a surface mount the way Polk intended will be fine as I only had someone in the back seat once in the time I owned the 1985, it was two teenage girls, granddaughter and her best friend, it was summer and they wanted to ride back there and let their hair blow out behind them. First picture is installed, second is after activating the illuminated entry system, you can see the light source for the lock cylinder halo in the door and the courtesy light in the front lower portion of the trim panel.

Left_side_rear_interior_panel_installed.thumb.jpg.157ee53d7bbd38eb5fdb791f9889ba54.jpg

Left_side_rear_interior_panel_installed_lights_on.thumb.jpg.11bc6a8e882b11d74b335568df0629d9.jpg

Here are a couple more pictures of the left rear quarter interior installed in the car. It will all have to come out when the top is installed for access. The upright panel serves as the support for the rear seatback and the cushion goes under the seat back and has two bolts from the front holding it in (for reference a Mustang fastback rear seat is more comfortable. I also have the speaker mounted, I decided a surface mount the way Polk intended will be fine as I only had someone in the back seat once in the time I owned the 1985, it was two teenage girls, granddaughter and her best friend, it was summer and they wanted to ride back there and let their hair blow out behind them. First picture is installed, second is after activating the illuminated entry system, you can see the light source for the lock cylinder halo in the door and the courtesy light in the front lower portion of the trim panel.

That is looking good!

Looking good, Bill. It is taking shape! :nabble_anim_claps: