Bullnose Forums

T2K-CAR

85lebaront2

I figured that roll's lack of 'grain' would probably play best for your purpose.

I'm glad it's working out for you, and can't wait to see the final result.

As Gary would say "another layer of the onion"

Jim, here is what it looks like, the outer edges are hidden when the console is assembled. Small white corners around the rocker switch are due to trying to fold the edges back and not having enough clearance so I had to cut them out after the piece was glued down. The thumbwheel and rear defroster openings have the edges folded back and glued. I think the texture is perfect for that application.

Thanks! :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, here is what it looks like, the outer edges are hidden when the console is assembled. Small white corners around the rocker switch are due to trying to fold the edges back and not having enough clearance so I had to cut them out after the piece was glued down. The thumbwheel and rear defroster openings have the edges folded back and glued. I think the texture is perfect for that application.

Bill - Did you forget the pic?

You could probably colour the corners in with Sharpie and no one would be the wiser.

Or.... there's always more to give it another shot.

Anyway, you're happy so Im happy!

You did it this time, Bill. Looks good. :nabble_anim_claps:

But I'm with Jim - a black Sharpie and no one will know.

Ok, here is after a little touch-up work with a black Sharpie:

DSCN4316.thumb.jpg.23ad32a6854f4db6a11490ad6bf76978.jpg

From the bottom so you can see how it fits together, stud in the center is a 6-32 stand-off with an extra hard drive screw installed with super glue:

DSCN4317.thumb.jpg.70a406813baa7b0463ed65d37fa57540.jpg

Back side (actually the front as it is installed, violet item is a chip clip supporting it to hold it level:

DSCN4318.thumb.jpg.24152371b9cc0dd69d4ee20fda1dcd9b.jpg

A bonus picture, I was trying to figure out a way to replace the Teflon on the door strikers, found this, later model minivan, only difference is the 8mm hex on the inner end, ordered 2 new ones:

DSCN4209.thumb.jpg.4a10f153705d95b1e6c8df367808708c.jpg

From the bottom so you can see how it fits together, stud in the center is a 6-32 stand-off with an extra hard drive screw installed with super glue:

Back side (actually the front as it is installed, violet item is a chip clip supporting it to hold it level:

A bonus picture, I was trying to figure out a way to replace the Teflon on the door strikers, found this, later model minivan, only difference is the 8mm hex on the inner end, ordered 2 new ones:

Looks good, Sir!

It always nice to find a part that is direct swap and readily available. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well done! Working on the T2K and the 460 at the same time? :nabble_smiley_oh: