Bullnose Forums

T2K-CAR

85lebaront2

Over half a year does qualify as "a while". :nabble_smiley_tongue:

But I'm glad you are now able to work on it. :nabble_anim_claps:

And it is looking good! How thick is that aluminum?

The pieces on the front of the engine are 1/4" as I didn't want to take any more than that off the timing belt tensioner base. They are doubled above and below the mount area as can be seen in the second picture. There are 5 M10X1.5 bolts holding the plate to the front of the block, one of which also holds the front upper end of the tensioner base and the mount base (triangular casting) bottom and back bolts go into the doubled 1/4" plate sections. I had to bolt them together as I do not have AL welding capability. If I can find someone who can do it at a reasonable price I will probably get it done and then have them plug weld where the M6X1.0 bolt holes are.

The top view was with a 1/4" thick piece of cardboard for making a pattern. The automatic tensioner has an M8X1.0 pitch bolt locking the spring housing in place, the bolt actually protrudes about 1/8" now so the rear plate is drilled and then with the modified base installed tapped so the bolt goes into the back plate.

On the back side of the PS mount, the outer bolt attaching it will have a brace running to one of the M10X1.5 holes for the right axle intermediate bearing support. This will be to keep the pump mount from flexing and vibrating. I have another timing belt automatic tensioner that may end up between the crank and PS pump pulleys as that will be the slack portion of the serpentine belt. I do have a couple of tensioners to play with.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pieces on the front of the engine are 1/4" as I didn't want to take any more than that off the timing belt tensioner base. They are doubled above and below the mount area as can be seen in the second picture. There are 5 M10X1.5 bolts holding the plate to the front of the block, one of which also holds the front upper end of the tensioner base and the mount base (triangular casting) bottom and back bolts go into the doubled 1/4" plate sections. I had to bolt them together as I do not have AL welding capability. If I can find someone who can do it at a reasonable price I will probably get it done and then have them plug weld where the M6X1.0 bolt holes are.

The top view was with a 1/4" thick piece of cardboard for making a pattern. The automatic tensioner has an M8X1.0 pitch bolt locking the spring housing in place, the bolt actually protrudes about 1/8" now so the rear plate is drilled and then with the modified base installed tapped so the bolt goes into the back plate.

On the back side of the PS mount, the outer bolt attaching it will have a brace running to one of the M10X1.5 holes for the right axle intermediate bearing support. This will be to keep the pump mount from flexing and vibrating. I have another timing belt automatic tensioner that may end up between the crank and PS pump pulleys as that will be the slack portion of the serpentine belt. I do have a couple of tensioners to play with.

Sounds like you have it well thought out. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

Sounds like you have it well thought out. :nabble_smiley_good:

Prashant came by late Friday night and dropped this off:

IMG_3529.thumb.jpg.370d340d06b726d4717798124878b08d.jpg

It is a proper turbo hood for a 1986 K body Lebaron.

I had paid a fellow in Ohio for it and Prashant had picked it up and taken it to Atlanta. He then went back to India for quite a while and when he finally returned he dropped it by on his way to NYC.

I had paid a fellow in Ohio for it and Prashant had picked it up and taken it to Atlanta. He then went back to India for quite a while and when he finally returned he dropped it by on his way to NYC.

Is there an extractor fan, or does it just work passively?

That's great, Bill! :nabble_anim_claps:

What a long strange trip it's been!