Bullnose Forums

Wanted DASH HARNESS

BARRYS83F100

I've never had a truck without gauges so not sure what all is needed for the swap. I could pull some of the harness next time I am at the jy but would need the specifics.

Don't miss that there's parallel discussion going on about this in the other thread: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Correct-under-dash-harness-for-Tachometer-td75138.html#a75466

my truck is 1983 f100 302 V8 AOD Trans, single fuel tank, PS, PDB, A/C, NO Cruise Control, short bed, will be converting to 4WD, Manual windows, Manual Door Locks, Please keep me posted if you happen to find a good harness

Thanks,

Barry

Will do but honestly, if you are set on replacing the whole harness, you'd be ahead to find a cheap truck locally. Not sure if you've already gathered your 4wd parts but if not you could get everything from a single truck.

Not trying to be discouraging, just throwing out another option.

Will do but honestly, if you are set on replacing the whole harness, you'd be ahead to find a cheap truck locally. Not sure if you've already gathered your 4wd parts but if not you could get everything from a single truck.

That would be the best way to get the needed parts for both 4wd & the harness.

Note if you want dual tanks that starts with the part of the main (in cab) harness and the frame rail harness.

Don't think you would need to run both thanks if you did not want to but you may have to use a jumper at the plug where the switch would be to get the fuel gauge to work as both senders go thru the switch before going to the gauge.

Dave ----

Having done a 4x4 swap myself, I completely agree with Scott that a whole donor truck is the way to go. If you can find an early bullnose one that has the wiring you need then so much the better, you kill two birds with one stone. Just remember the 4x4 parts are compatible through 1996 which opens up a lot more options when looking.