Bullnose Forums

Interior screws and clips

86 12 Brutus

Have you looked here: Documentation/Interior/Interior Trim? Click on the blue boxes.

I looked there first Gary and found the part number, but am coming up empty handed, i believe it is a #8 self tap screw with a washer head, but to find them and the clips. In particular for the instrument bezel's. I found the right door panel push pins, its those screws i'm after. you know the ones, they are everywhere in our trucks

I looked there first Gary and found the part number, but am coming up empty handed, i believe it is a #8 self tap screw with a washer head, but to find them and the clips. In particular for the instrument bezel's. I found the right door panel push pins, its those screws i'm after. you know the ones, they are everywhere in our trucks

Did you click on the blue boxes? Most of those take you to a page with a description of the fastener, and many have links to where you can get them.

Did you click on the blue boxes? Most of those take you to a page with a description of the fastener, and many have links to where you can get them.

I did and cant find anything, i see in some places the screws, but the breakdown of the dash dosen't show the clips like the ones that hold the dash pad and the instrument panel bezel, i just dont see them in the breakdown

I did and cant find anything, i see in some places the screws, but the breakdown of the dash dosen't show the clips like the ones that hold the dash pad and the instrument panel bezel, i just dont see them in the breakdown

I am a big fan of Disco fasteners. They can be bought online or ordered in for a reasonable price in most cases, through O'Reillys.

I'll run out later and take some photos of the screws next to their label with the number on it.

thanks scott

Kit 8112 is great for the interior screws. There will be quite a few that you won't use though so I'd recommend foregoing the kit and just ordering the packets you need from O'Reillys.

Some of the frequent ones I used were: 5791, 5984, 2970.

IMG_20200920_194304.jpg.6e615948ca69542271b196eb43fbdf1e.jpg

Kit 8603 is a great one for body panels. I ended up switching to all stainless so didn't use many of these in the 86 but will in the 81.

IMG_20200920_194415.jpg.b3b524835cdf4dad0308d6574b1347fc.jpg

9887 are the screws used for attaching the inner fender liner to the fender wheel well.

IMG_20200920_194425.jpg.1da7a51669ab517a36397172fab55421.jpg

These three were some I ordered that didn't come in the pack. The nuts were for the supercab backseat window exterior trim/molding.

IMG_20200920_194400.jpg.814d7afaeb50efeb6b778dcaf81c0549.jpg

Some of the photos aren't the greatest - didn't want to wait for the overhead shop lights to warm up so if you need any better ones, let me know.

The only screws I didn't replace where the tapered heads ones with and without the 'cup' on them that got pc'd.

I know they are just screws but I would recommend Disco without hesitation. They have a great factory looking finish.

Kit 8112 is great for the interior screws. There will be quite a few that you won't use though so I'd recommend foregoing the kit and just ordering the packets you need from O'Reillys.

Some of the frequent ones I used were: 5791, 5984, 2970.

Kit 8603 is a great one for body panels. I ended up switching to all stainless so didn't use many of these in the 86 but will in the 81.

9887 are the screws used for attaching the inner fender liner to the fender wheel well.

These three were some I ordered that didn't come in the pack. The nuts were for the supercab backseat window exterior trim/molding.

Some of the photos aren't the greatest - didn't want to wait for the overhead shop lights to warm up so if you need any better ones, let me know.

The only screws I didn't replace where the tapered heads ones with and without the 'cup' on them that got pc'd.

I know they are just screws but I would recommend Disco without hesitation. They have a great factory looking finish.

Thank you so so much, thats exactly what i need and there is on O'Riley not to far.