Bullnose Forums

Project 83 F100 mutt

MarkF100

Yes, the brakes are easy to modulate. I'd put them in the same league as those in Blue, my 2015 F150.

So, what I’m seeing, I remove the stock vacuum booster and replace it with the hydro booster. I then plumb it to the the power steering gearbox eliminating the need for vacuum?

So, what I’m seeing, I remove the stock vacuum booster and replace it with the hydro booster. I then plumb it to the the power steering gearbox eliminating the need for vacuum?

Yes. We have some info about it on the page at Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then the Master Cylinders & Boosters tab and then the Hydroboost Upgrade tab. There are some pics of my installation here.

Yes. We have some info about it on the page at Documentation/Driveline/Brakes and then the Master Cylinders & Boosters tab and then the Hydroboost Upgrade tab. There are some pics of my installation here.

Looking at Hydratech's website. Seems pricey but, a small price to pay considering what's at stake. Looking at this and thinking, "I could had gone with a BIGGER cam :nabble_smiley_evil: "

Looking at Hydratech's website. Seems pricey but, a small price to pay considering what's at stake. Looking at this and thinking, "I could had gone with a BIGGER cam :nabble_smiley_evil: "

Well, you don't even have the heads on yet.... :nabble_smiley_evil:

I don't know what your guide clearance is, nor your installed spring height.

I've never used a Hydratech unit, just swapped F-450 & Lincoln boosters.

Have helped modify a few Astrovan booster mounting flanges for trucks too.

The Saginaw pumps come up freshly rebuilt (with pulleys) on U-techcenter for ~$50 all the time.

Though I don't know what bracketry you'd need for a 335 series engine.

I think Gary intended to put one on his Dads Truck 400.

They might use the same mount as the C?

Well, you don't even have the heads on yet.... :nabble_smiley_evil:

I don't know what your guide clearance is, nor your installed spring height.

I've never used a Hydratech unit, just swapped F-450 & Lincoln boosters.

Have helped modify a few Astrovan booster mounting flanges for trucks too.

The Saginaw pumps come up freshly rebuilt (with pulleys) on U-techcenter for ~$50 all the time.

Though I don't know what bracketry you'd need for a 335 series engine.

I think Gary intended to put one on his Dads Truck 400.

They might use the same mount as the C?

Yup, with the engine not yet completed and running, I'm getting way in front of myself. Probably going to be fine as the engine builder said. Much ado about nothing :nabble_smiley_wink:

• 2 months later...

I haven’t been around much although, I have checked the site from time to time. Everyone’s projects are looking great 👍 That model T, WOW!!! Just to darn cool.

Anyway, I have made it through the surgery (resection) and, radiation treatment. All 27 of them. Cannot say it was painless. Quite the opposite. Hoping to get a release from the doc tomorrow so to get back on the rails. Enough about that. On towards my mutt truck.

I haven’t really done much. I have gotten my intake manifold. Edelbrock Air Gap. MSD distributor (mechanical advance) will be here tomorrow. If I get back to work, I’ll have the Trick Flow heads and rockers by spring time.

It’s not much yet, it’s better than nothing 😁

989F1F3E-52CA-4D22-BEB4-7234F257D8BF.jpeg.4d1f860826bb1928308340242de7711e.jpeg

I haven’t been around much although, I have checked the site from time to time. Everyone’s projects are looking great 👍 That model T, WOW!!! Just to darn cool.

Anyway, I have made it through the surgery (resection) and, radiation treatment. All 27 of them. Cannot say it was painless. Quite the opposite. Hoping to get a release from the doc tomorrow so to get back on the rails. Enough about that. On towards my mutt truck.

I haven’t really done much. I have gotten my intake manifold. Edelbrock Air Gap. MSD distributor (mechanical advance) will be here tomorrow. If I get back to work, I’ll have the Trick Flow heads and rockers by spring time.

It’s not much yet, it’s better than nothing 😁

Mark - Wow! 27 radiation treatments? That is scary. I sure pray you get the release tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

But the engine is looking good, and it is going to well worth waiting for.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Mark - Wow! 27 radiation treatments? That is scary. I sure pray you get the release tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

But the engine is looking good, and it is going to well worth waiting for.

Good luck!

Finally, back on the rails. Good thing as we (she) bought a new (used) truck. Railroad retirement sick benefits helped but, just not enough. What we (she) got is a 2020 Ranger XLT with 5500 miles on it. Beautiful truck.

I have gotten a bit further on the engine. Got the manifold. Edelbrock air gap. MSD mechanical advance pro billet distributor. And the Trick Flow Power Port 195cc heads 62cc combustion chambers. I have a few more parts to get to finish the engine. I have a 750 Speed Demon that I plan on using but, have considered a 750 Quick Fuel. The Demon served me well years ago so... might be just fine.

Next on my list is the transmission. The cam I'm using is best with a four speed and 3.50 or lower gearing. So, I am thinking 3.70 in the 9 inch and a Tremec 5 or 6 speed from Modern Drive Line. I think I'm getting close to being half way through the most expensive part of this build. Good to be back on the railroad.

IMG_6143.jpg.395ef41511af060c130f84773a19f388.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg.75eb41a813c90c4001066074bc42f735.jpg

IMG_7140.jpg.78f34eca5b138f944da4f8ec702eb313.jpg

IMG_7139.jpg.65715da9d4a027c3c90dfbe7e02cbfb7.jpg

Finally, back on the rails. Good thing as we (she) bought a new (used) truck. Railroad retirement sick benefits helped but, just not enough. What we (she) got is a 2020 Ranger XLT with 5500 miles on it. Beautiful truck.

I have gotten a bit further on the engine. Got the manifold. Edelbrock air gap. MSD mechanical advance pro billet distributor. And the Trick Flow Power Port 195cc heads 62cc combustion chambers. I have a few more parts to get to finish the engine. I have a 750 Speed Demon that I plan on using but, have considered a 750 Quick Fuel. The Demon served me well years ago so... might be just fine.

Next on my list is the transmission. The cam I'm using is best with a four speed and 3.50 or lower gearing. So, I am thinking 3.70 in the 9 inch and a Tremec 5 or 6 speed from Modern Drive Line. I think I'm getting close to being half way through the most expensive part of this build. Good to be back on the railroad.

Question for Gary or anyone else. I believe you’re running a 351m in Big Blue. I recall seeing TFS heads on it. Are you using 1.73 rockers and 8” pushrods?

Also, is anyone using a Tremec? I did find a thread on Ford-Trucks forum that is about 6 years old by EffunFiddy on installing a Tremec. I’m just wondering if anyone on this forum as done this swap.