Bullnose Forums

Project 83 F100 mutt

MarkF100

• 1 month later...

That'll work. That's what my ramps are made of.

I haven't been around much due to medical problems (cancer.) Kinda slowed me down some. Did some surgery and will be doing radiation soon. Things are looking up as I got my engine back from the machine shop :nabble_smiley_happy: It turned out that, at some time in the past, someone bored the engine .030 over. Had to go .060. Now a 362 Cleveland. I know, that is quite a lot but, it tested to be good. So... I'm just waiting to get back to work to finish the engine build. To come will be the Trick Flow heads and a Air gap manifold. I have a Demon 750 double pump with mechanical secondary from 2000 (year) to use. This changes my choice of transmission. Demons are not compatible with the AOD, as far as I can tell from research. If I'm wrong, someone please clue me in. I'm trying to save a few bucks by using it. I'm now looking at a TCI C6 Streetfighter. I do have a TCI TH 350 Streetfighter that could be used by swapping in a bell housing conversion but then I will have to buy another one later down the road for the El Camino. Better to just go with the C6. Besides, i would probably have to swap drive shafts in the truck to do so. On a brighter note, part of the barn floor is complete :nabble_anim_claps:

362_Cleveland.jpg.3cb9f65cfa2e89c75cbbe86de3d40bce.jpg

Never mind the old heads. They're only on to keep it closed up.

362_old_heads.jpg.4e401185cac37a9fd5596cd429d780e5.jpg

362_060_piston.jpg.e1e3c1a71f5646ae5a6ac54d4a360da4.jpg

cam_card.jpg.f6347be091db33f270cdeac89b1c7233.jpg

roller_lifters.jpg.6cbe488e70dffbfb4e5b8d1aa6564abb.jpg

barn_floor.jpg.bcbbaeebdbbc7b181c8fec0ab9b9d656.jpg

I haven't been around much due to medical problems (cancer.) Kinda slowed me down some. Did some surgery and will be doing radiation soon. Things are looking up as I got my engine back from the machine shop :nabble_smiley_happy: It turned out that, at some time in the past, someone bored the engine .030 over. Had to go .060. Now a 362 Cleveland. I know, that is quite a lot but, it tested to be good. So... I'm just waiting to get back to work to finish the engine build. To come will be the Trick Flow heads and a Air gap manifold. I have a Demon 750 double pump with mechanical secondary from 2000 (year) to use. This changes my choice of transmission. Demons are not compatible with the AOD, as far as I can tell from research. If I'm wrong, someone please clue me in. I'm trying to save a few bucks by using it. I'm now looking at a TCI C6 Streetfighter. I do have a TCI TH 350 Streetfighter that could be used by swapping in a bell housing conversion but then I will have to buy another one later down the road for the El Camino. Better to just go with the C6. Besides, i would probably have to swap drive shafts in the truck to do so. On a brighter note, part of the barn floor is complete :nabble_anim_claps:

Never mind the old heads. They're only on to keep it closed up.

Glad you're on the mend, Mark!

Hope you and your Dr's have kicked it's ass. 💪

Wow! How thick is that floor?

Are you installing a 500 ton press brake?!?!?

The engine looks great!

If the cylinders sonic checked, there's no replacement for displacement!

I'll have to look into that cam card, but the TF heads generally have much better exhaust ports, so that's got to help a lot.

Glad you're on the mend, Mark!

Hope you and your Dr's have kicked it's ass. 💪

Wow! How thick is that floor?

Are you installing a 500 ton press brake?!?!?

The engine looks great!

If the cylinders sonic checked, there's no replacement for displacement!

I'll have to look into that cam card, but the TF heads generally have much better exhaust ports, so that's got to help a lot.

The floor thickness is 6". The sidewall is 12". Due to the barn being built on an incline, one side is higher. The side already completed is 16' wide with 10' in height. The rest is 34' and 12'. The 12' wall will allow me to install a two post lift. The barn is 40x50.

I went with this cam as I want to be able to stop when the time comes. Anyone who has ever ran a big came knows what i mean. I ran a 360 SBC (350 at .060 over) with a .650 lift. Ran down in the tens at the strip. That was the engine with the Demon 750 and TCI TH 350. The cam was great on the track but, awful on the street. The main problem was vacuum. Power brakes detest big cams! This cam should allow for good vacuum without having to install a vacuum canister. I want to be able to run this truck at the track and still be able to cruise it at a car meet.

The floor thickness is 6". The sidewall is 12". Due to the barn being built on an incline, one side is higher. The side already completed is 16' wide with 10' in height. The rest is 34' and 12'. The 12' wall will allow me to install a two post lift. The barn is 40x50.

I went with this cam as I want to be able to stop when the time comes. Anyone who has ever ran a big came knows what i mean. I ran a 360 SBC (350 at .060 over) with a .650 lift. Ran down in the tens at the strip. That was the engine with the Demon 750 and TCI TH 350. The cam was great on the track but, awful on the street. The main problem was vacuum. Power brakes detest big cams! This cam should allow for good vacuum without having to install a vacuum canister. I want to be able to run this truck at the track and still be able to cruise it at a car meet.

Thank you for the reply!

But Hydroboost brakes don't care one bit.

Astrovans are everywhere.....

Gary can offer some insight into how firm they are, although his 460 doesn't have a radical cam.

How many inches do you have at idle?

My only experience with Cleveland's is in Panteras.

Very nice garage BTW! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thank you for the reply!

But Hydroboost brakes don't care one bit.

Astrovans are everywhere.....

Gary can offer some insight into how firm they are, although his 460 doesn't have a radical cam.

How many inches do you have at idle?

My only experience with Cleveland's is in Panteras.

Very nice garage BTW! :nabble_smiley_good:

The engine is still on the stand so, I can't sat say for sure. I hope to be above 15". The .650 in the Chevy barely pulled 10" on the gauge. The TFS heads and Air Gap manifold will probably add to the lack of great vacuum. Worst case scenario, I'll add a canister to assist the brakes. Canisters are a cheap fix.

Thanks for the heads up on the hydro boost :nabble_smiley_good:. Just now reading up on them. Looks like it could be the way to go... I mean stop :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

The engine is still on the stand so, I can't sat say for sure. I hope to be above 15". The .650 in the Chevy barely pulled 10" on the gauge. The TFS heads and Air Gap manifold will probably add to the lack of great vacuum. Worst case scenario, I'll add a canister to assist the brakes. Canisters are a cheap fix.

Thanks for the heads up on the hydro boost :nabble_smiley_good:. Just now reading up on them. Looks like it could be the way to go... I mean stop :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Sure sorry to see that you have cancer. That's awful! Sure hope the treatments and the surgery solve the problem.

As for the brakes, I'll second the hydroboost suggestion. Big Blue has never stopped this well. You don't push on the brake pedal unless you want action NOW!

Sure sorry to see that you have cancer. That's awful! Sure hope the treatments and the surgery solve the problem.

As for the brakes, I'll second the hydroboost suggestion. Big Blue has never stopped this well. You don't push on the brake pedal unless you want action NOW!

But it is easy to modulate, no?

More like modern brakes in a 35 year old truck...