Bullnose Forums

Trophies!

Gary Lewis

Well, they look classy, but they are inexpensive. However, those that have gotten them in the past, and that doesn't include me, seem to like them.

But that is a cool idea about broken parts and ugly trophies! :nabble_smiley_evil:

I used to donate old parts I was no longer using to a local benefit car show circuit so they could make trophies out of it all. I gave them some pretty unique stuff they'd never had before (IFS differentials, CV axles, wheel bearings hubs, etc) and they always made use of everything. Definitely a cool idea.

I used to donate old parts I was no longer using to a local benefit car show circuit so they could make trophies out of it all. I gave them some pretty unique stuff they'd never had before (IFS differentials, CV axles, wheel bearings hubs, etc) and they always made use of everything. Definitely a cool idea.

Ah, yes, the coveted "Golden Gary" awards!

The street rod club that operates in the Newport News VA area came to me one time looking for a trophy for the best use of carburetors. I had a monster Holley 2 barrel carburetor off a USMC 5 ton truck. Truck had a 602 ci Continental in-line 6 designated R6602. My unit had found a replacement carburetor still in the original packing and one truck had an obvious carburetor issue. Since I installed it I asked what we were going to do with the old one and was told whatever you want, it's scrap.

As a Holley warehouse, I was able to get a kit and rebuilt it, clearcoated it with Krylon and had it sitting on the front counter as a conversation piece. The club mounted it on an L shaped base, with a description including the USMC number of the truck. It became a perpetual trophy awarded annually at the rod run, to be returned for the next year at the rod run.

The street rod club that operates in the Newport News VA area came to me one time looking for a trophy for the best use of carburetors. I had a monster Holley 2 barrel carburetor off a USMC 5 ton truck. Truck had a 602 ci Continental in-line 6 designated R6602. My unit had found a replacement carburetor still in the original packing and one truck had an obvious carburetor issue. Since I installed it I asked what we were going to do with the old one and was told whatever you want, it's scrap.

As a Holley warehouse, I was able to get a kit and rebuilt it, clearcoated it with Krylon and had it sitting on the front counter as a conversation piece. The club mounted it on an L shaped base, with a description including the USMC number of the truck. It became a perpetual trophy awarded annually at the rod run, to be returned for the next year at the rod run.

The AMC group I am with has the "horses ass" trophy that is also passed on each year at GAD (Great Amc Day) drag and show in Ohio. The holder of the trophy would call some other racer out for a 2 out of 3 race and the loser got the trophy to hold for the year.

I had it for 1 year and the guy I called out did a lot of work to his motor and the race was not even close!

But he was kind enough to take the trophy as it was not really a far race at that point.

And yes it was the back half of a horse LOL

Dave ----