Bullnose Forums

Newish member

NostraDanus

I've come to nickname this the FOG, or Flareside Owners Group.

It's amazing how many of these trucks and their caretakers are here, on a percentage basis.

Perhaps they were less abused as work trucks, so more survived.

No idea what the production numbers were.

I suppose Marti could answer that.

But they are really popular among enthusiasts. :nabble_smiley_good:

flair.jpg.d5f0bb9e650b8eb098e91eec7403a5c4.jpg

Thanks, Gary. Yes, please add me to the map. As for my job, I work in chassis controls... this involves all electronic controls that are encompassed in the brake control module including ABS, electronic stability control, roll stability control, trailer sway control, and a whole bunch of other things that people like me don't think they really need. I run the garage the that is responsible for instrumenting and outfitting of test vehicles for development. We install pressure transducers, height sensors, fabricate outrigger assemblies (for anti-rollover testing,) weight holding equipment, and any other requested equipment to complete a task. I also perform limit handling testing to acquire data used for calibrating systems. The job is based out of the Dearborn Development Center test track in Michigan but involves travel for testing in all types of conditions including low mu testing in snow/ice in the upper peninsula of Michigan, hi mu winter testing at our Arizona proving ground, Silver Lake sand dunes, the Borrego desert, and several sensitivity locations like Tail of the Dragon and whatever else they think we need. You're correct about future product.. I will never engage in conversation about it. I am slow to respond due to the fact that I am one of the few on site full time responding to all requests so days are long.

Dan - You are now, quite literally, on the map.

So you did the testing on the trailer sway control for my 2015 F150, Blue. I love that feature, amoung other things on the truck. I can send my kids out with it towing a trailer and not have to spend days helping them understand what not to do. Well done!

As for the Bronco and the Flareside, I really would like one of each. But at my age I can't take on any more projects and had better just get what I've gotten started done. Still, if I found the right one...... :nabble_smiley_wink: