Bullnose Forums

Opinions on dark argent early grill

Frogger2662

Need opinions on which headlight doors to use.

Just recieved the NOS E1TZ-8150-A Dark argent grill i bought off of ebay. Perfect shape. Replacing a really cheap reproduction later model grill. Trying to elimanate some of the chrome on the truck. Which headlight doors do you think would look best?

If you have the dark argent grille then I think you'd want headlight doors to match. The problem is that there are no "dark argent" headlight doors per se, as shown below. However, what Ford called the color might be different from year to year.

You may want to try to find a paint that replicates the dark argent of the grille - and document it here.

headlight-doors-header_orig.thumb.jpg.12850a6054f7ac5271fadcf669dc12ce.jpgheadlight-door-1_orig.thumb.jpg.2900eb8f9bc17b551d5e7fea00cdd0ec.jpg

Need opinions on which headlight doors to use.

Just recieved the NOS E1TZ-8150-A Dark argent grill i bought off of ebay. Perfect shape. Replacing a really cheap reproduction later model grill. Trying to elimanate some of the chrome on the truck. Which headlight doors do you think would look best?

The correct headlight bezels Ford used with that grille would have been the chrome bezels trimmed with black paint.