Bullnose Forums

Went to the salvage yard

I went to the salvage yard today and came back with some goodies. I was looking for "P" bolt to replace the bent one on my truck, $5, another factory wagon style wheel for $30, now I have all four. I also picked up a windshield wiper govenor for $15. I just need the wiper switch that goes with it then I'll install it.

Sept_9_2020_053.jpg.f921410bf6e6d03a9adb4f9013b403bb.jpg

Nice score!

I'm glad you still have yards down there with these trucks. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks. yeah we still have a few and the closest to me is Privitt's Garage @ 30 mles from me. Close by if you have an older vehicle, he's who you go see. He even has five or six Edsels. The owner's dad, who recently passed away after suffering a fall at home, started the business in 1958. Mr. Earl Privitt was 92.

Nice haul!

My local salvage yard burnt down about a month ago. A nearby RV was parked on dry grass....

My favorite U-pull-it that I practically built my trucks from closed to the public a few months ago, and now only sells parts through an inventory system like their sister yard. And that system has always been horrible so that junkyard is basically a lost cause.

The leaves me with only one worthwhile U-pull-it within an hour drive for me, and all they have are stripped down trucks they've had for over ten years. :nabble_smiley_sad:

My favorite U-pull-it that I practically built my trucks from closed to the public a few months ago, and now only sells parts through an inventory system like their sister yard. And that system has always been horrible so that junkyard is basically a lost cause.

The leaves me with only one worthwhile U-pull-it within an hour drive for me, and all they have are stripped down trucks they've had for over ten years. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Bummer!