Bullnose Forums

Restomod's on Brutus

I think sleeper would be the closest term...... and I LIKE IT!

While 205's might have a time hooking up, that old man in the next lane is gonna eat your lunch. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Jim, the K car was designed for 185/80-13 tyres, the 1985 Lebaron had them and fake wire wheel covers. I moved it to 195/70R14 Kumhos on the 4 bolt aluminum wheels. The 1985 Turbo models were supposed to have 5 bolt running gear, but because mine came with the 2.6L Mitsubishi engine (Chrysler equivalent of a stock Ford M-block), it had 4 bolt running gear. The 1986 models except the L body base non-turbo models all had 5 bolt running gear. 205/60R15s will actually rub the inner splash shields at full lock, but were optional for these cars.

Jim, the K car was designed for 185/80-13 tyres, the 1985 Lebaron had them and fake wire wheel covers. I moved it to 195/70R14 Kumhos on the 4 bolt aluminum wheels. The 1985 Turbo models were supposed to have 5 bolt running gear, but because mine came with the 2.6L Mitsubishi engine (Chrysler equivalent of a stock Ford M-block), it had 4 bolt running gear. The 1986 models except the L body base non-turbo models all had 5 bolt running gear. 205/60R15s will actually rub the inner splash shields at full lock, but were optional for these cars.

Oh, I'm not saying that is a skinny tyre for that car.

Just that is seems narrow for the power you're trying to put through it.

I have this vision of wire hubcaps and acres of fake wood grain, with smoke billowing from the front wheel wells! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Oh, I'm not saying that is a skinny tyre for that car.

Just that is seems narrow for the power you're trying to put through it.

I have this vision of wire hubcaps and acres of fake wood grain, with smoke billowing from the front wheel wells! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

The thought has crossed my mind to find and AWD minivan in a junkyard and see if the stuff can be modified to go under a K car. One other thing, the turbo models came with equal length drive axles to help with torque steer, and it will still try to take the wheel out of your hands!

The thought has crossed my mind to find and AWD minivan in a junkyard and see if the stuff can be modified to go under a K car. One other thing, the turbo models came with equal length drive axles to help with torque steer, and it will still try to take the wheel out of your hands!

Yes, I remember that those cars got equal length axles.

I don't know how bad the feedback is in one of them though.

Were there any chassis similarities with the Town & Country mommymobiles?

Yes, I remember that those cars got equal length axles.

I don't know how bad the feedback is in one of them though.

Were there any chassis similarities with the Town & Country mommymobiles?

Yes, but the S body (vans) are wider track and leaf springs in the rear, front suspension on the early ones is just a widened K member to allow for the track width difference.

Yes, but the S body (vans) are wider track and leaf springs in the rear, front suspension on the early ones is just a widened K member to allow for the track width difference.

Was that true of Fwd as well?

I thought those things had torsion tubes in the rear?

IIRC, plenty went under homemade utility trailers?

Was that true of Fwd as well?

I thought those things had torsion tubes in the rear?

IIRC, plenty went under homemade utility trailers?

They have a hollow tube axle that comes up outboard of the springs. Front on the FWD is just originally a wider K-car setup (1984-87) after that they were built beefier, now a lot of the front end is aluminum castings.