Bullnose Forums

Have you seen this before?

CliftonK

Does this truck have manual steering by any chance? It looks like maybe it's a guard for the long input shaft on the manual steering box?

I dunno...got me.

It may have been manual steering, not sure. It's power steering now, but I don't know if it always was, or he got lucky with the motor I gave him.

It may have been manual steering, not sure. It's power steering now, but I don't know if it always was, or he got lucky with the motor I gave him.

I did some investigating, My eyes weren't good enough to read the number, but one of those photos ended up a super high resolution on the computer, number is E0TA-3F540-DA Which brought up a google hit for http://www.icsarchive.org/icsarchive-org/private/Ford%201980-1989%20Truck%20Master%20Parts%20Text/07%201980%20fotpt-axles.pdf

It appears to be a guard for the steering shaft :)

I did some investigating, My eyes weren't good enough to read the number, but one of those photos ended up a super high resolution on the computer, number is E0TA-3F540-DA Which brought up a google hit for http://www.icsarchive.org/icsarchive-org/private/Ford%201980-1989%20Truck%20Master%20Parts%20Text/07%201980%20fotpt-axles.pdf

It appears to be a guard for the steering shaft :)

It is a steering shaft guard and I am pretty sure dad's truck has one on it.

With the base number of 3S540, it has to do with steering. Give me a few minutes, I'll see if I can find anything on it.

I think I know just were that goes :nabble_anim_jump:

The rag joint cover is a 2 part deal.

That is the inner part that I think fits on the box shaft and the rag joint installed.

Then there is an outer "bell" type that fits on that part, a tab hooks on a PS line and it covers the rag joint.

I didn't have my phone with me when I took the truck to my garage to tighten a hose at the box and needed to move the bell part and saw the part in the picture above.

Dave ----