Bullnose Forums

6" Rough Country Lift 1982 Flareside

Ray Cecil

Ray, did you remove the axle clip from inside the diff housing?

What exactly do you mean by "lower bolt from the radius arm"

Where it bolts to the beam?

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question.

I don't usually work on the light duty 150's

I do not know what axle clip you are talking about. I removed all the diff bolts and it slid right off the axle.

The lower bolt holding the radius arm onto the swingarm.

Ray, did you remove the axle clip from inside the diff housing?

What exactly do you mean by "lower bolt from the radius arm"

Where it bolts to the beam?

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question.

I don't usually work on the light duty 150's

I do not know what axle clip you are talking about. I removed all the diff bolts and it slid right off the axle.

The lower bolt holding the radius arm onto the swingarm.

Just remembered I took a pic Jim....

20200913_172137.jpg.bf3cc148235423e1eab3e99017beb029.jpg

Just remembered I took a pic Jim....

Are you trying to pull the axle out towards the inside? I suppose that bolt could be obstructing you then, the alternative would be removing the spindle and pulling the axle out... But you are replacing the radius arms? Or only the brackets?

I think I managed those bolts with an impact, but the upper ball joints required something more. Maybe you can try this on those? Good luck!

IMG_3386.jpg.843ab0f7c7bc2f9f0702dd121a03e8c6.jpg

Are you trying to pull the axle out towards the inside? I suppose that bolt could be obstructing you then, the alternative would be removing the spindle and pulling the axle out... But you are replacing the radius arms? Or only the brackets?

I think I managed those bolts with an impact, but the upper ball joints required something more. Maybe you can try this on those? Good luck!

Rob, yes. I thought about pulling the spindle but the hole in the knuckle doesnt look big enought to slide the axle out that way. The spicer joint looks way too big to come out that hole.

Rob, yes. I thought about pulling the spindle but the hole in the knuckle doesnt look big enought to slide the axle out that way. The spicer joint looks way too big to come out that hole.

I've never seen anyone try to remove an axle with the knuckle in place.

I guess that's why I didn't understand.

You know what?.....im a moron. It just dawned on me that removing the spindle would give me enough room to drop the knuckle.....ugh....I didnt have to remove the diff after all!!! UGHHH!!!!

You know what?.....im a moron. It just dawned on me that removing the spindle would give me enough room to drop the knuckle.....ugh....I didnt have to remove the diff after all!!! UGHHH!!!!

I guess the good news is I no longer need to worry about the lower radius arm bolt....

You're obviously not a moron Ray.

Maybe, you're smart enough to know that you ain't that smart. 😉