Bullnose Forums

Mickey's 1982 & 86 Trucks - Help Needed

Gary Lewis

I am new to this and need help in where to ask the right questions. I have two trucks. One is an 82 f150 with a 300 i6 4x4 4speed nothing fancy and it didn't run for a few years according to the farmer I got it from. Took about a week and a fuel pump and starter plus fresh fuel to get it running and it ran great until it got stolen from me. Two weeks later got it back with missing parts. I think I almost have it put back together but idk. My other truck is an 86f150 with a swap 351w 4x4 4speed it runs but over heats I replaced the intake gasket and header gaskets.. oh the guy I got it from had long headers installed but never put gaskets on it. Infact I received a box of bolt and gaskets when I purchased the truck... if anyone is near Sullivan Missouri il give you the 86 or the 82 if you can help me get the other one going right. I'm at my all time low and just need to get a vehicle running.

I am new to this and need help in where to ask the right questions. I have two trucks. One is an 82 f150 with a 300 i6 4x4 4speed nothing fancy and it didn't run for a few years according to the farmer I got it from. Took about a week and a fuel pump and starter plus fresh fuel to get it running and it ran great until it got stolen from me. Two weeks later got it back with missing parts. I think I almost have it put back together but idk. My other truck is an 86f150 with a swap 351w 4x4 4speed it runs but over heats I replaced the intake gasket and header gaskets.. oh the guy I got it from had long headers installed but never put gaskets on it. Infact I received a box of bolt and gaskets when I purchased the truck... if anyone is near Sullivan Missouri il give you the 86 or the 82 if you can help me get the other one going right. I'm at my all time low and just need to get a vehicle running.

Mickey - You did post in the wrong spot, but we can overcome that. Your first post was supposed to be in the New Members Start Here folder because that is where our guidelines are posted and we want to make sure everyone has seen them. But we also sent them to you in the "welcome" email. So just assure me that you've read them and all will be well.

As for your trucks and your plight, that sounds like a problem. And you are going to need our help in getting one of them going. But this is not the best place for that. So I'm going to start a thread in the main section where more people will see it and move your post to that thread.

I'd ask which of these two trucks would be better for you, and focus on that one.

Unfortunately I am FAR from Missouri so I can't lend a hand.

You say you were driving the 300, and had it working.

What parts were stripped?

What other damage did the thieves do?

I'm just grasping, because around here it usually one extreme or the other.

Joyriders, or they find the stripped hulk burned to the ground.

The 351 may just have a head gasket in backward.

I've seen that too many times on Windsor's.

But whatever is wrong is going to take some diagnostics.

I'd ask which of these two trucks would be better for you, and focus on that one.

Unfortunately I am FAR from Missouri so I can't lend a hand.

You say you were driving the 300, and had it working.

What parts were stripped?

What other damage did the thieves do?

I'm just grasping, because around here it usually one extreme or the other.

Joyriders, or they find the stripped hulk burned to the ground.

The 351 may just have a head gasket in backward.

I've seen that too many times on Windsor's.

But whatever is wrong is going to take some diagnostics.

I agree with Jim. I would focus on 1 truck at a time. Hopefully the thieves didn't do much harm to the 300 truck. What did they take?