Bullnose Forums

Electrical Issues - 84 F250

swampedout

Jim,

I have looked at the EVTM. I believe theres 5 fusible links?

I have 3, plus 1 that might have been converted to an inline glass fuse. So Im slowly sorting through the manual but at least 1 link has probably been eliminated. And as my weekend has officially ended, I have to wait 5 more days to continue.

I appreciate your help on it!

Gary,

Thanks for your help as well.

As far as the travel restriction, it seems like thats a big part of the Governors strategy to protect the state right now. I can tell you first hand there are a lot of people who dont quarantine or interpret this restriction very loosely. My wife says theyve closed state parks for camping but BLM land and National Parks are still open.

We had a friend visit this weekend, and they'd been recently tested and we basically tailgated at our property for the day.

So with that said, I think right now their focus is keeping numbers down with kids going back to school so I dont expect anything to change for a while.

Is this for your TransAmerica Trail ride?

Sam, I want to point out that not all fusible links may be present on your truck.

It depends on how it was optioned.

Jim,

I have looked at the EVTM. I believe theres 5 fusible links?

I have 3, plus 1 that might have been converted to an inline glass fuse. So Im slowly sorting through the manual but at least 1 link has probably been eliminated. And as my weekend has officially ended, I have to wait 5 more days to continue.

I appreciate your help on it!

Gary,

Thanks for your help as well.

As far as the travel restriction, it seems like thats a big part of the Governors strategy to protect the state right now. I can tell you first hand there are a lot of people who dont quarantine or interpret this restriction very loosely. My wife says theyve closed state parks for camping but BLM land and National Parks are still open.

We had a friend visit this weekend, and they'd been recently tested and we basically tailgated at our property for the day.

So with that said, I think right now their focus is keeping numbers down with kids going back to school so I dont expect anything to change for a while.

Is this for your TransAmerica Trail ride?

Sam - First, Jim is right. Several of the fuse links shown in the EVTM were due to options, like the trailering option. Or the one for EEC, which yours wouldn't have. Ditto the one for carburetor circuits.

As for the travel restrictions, I think I understand. Thanks!

No, this isn't for the TransAmerica Trail ride. That's hopefully going to happen next summer. This is for a trip we are planning with another couple. We were scheduled to go to the UK with them this year, but the UK has the same restrictions as NM. And since it doesn't make sense to go someplace for two weeks and have to quarantine for 14 days, we aren't going there and decided to take a trip "west" instead.

1985-etm-page17.thumb.jpg.e24bb2ef4e809c87d4ad3f7a26efe8a1.jpg

Sam - First, Jim is right. Several of the fuse links shown in the EVTM were due to options, like the trailering option. Or the one for EEC, which yours wouldn't have. Ditto the one for carburetor circuits.

No, this isn't for the TransAmerica Trail ride. That's hopefully going to happen next summer. This is for a trip we are planning with another couple. We were scheduled to go to the UK with them this year, but the UK has the same restrictions as NM. And since it doesn't make sense to go someplace for two weeks and have to quarantine for 14 days, we aren't going there and decided to take a trip "west" instead.

Well I hate to give you discouraging news regarding your trip. I hope you dont take it personally.

I think theyre making a big deal about travel restrictions because Texas and Arizona had high numbers earlier in the summer.

Thanks for that diagram Gary,

I like how Ford draws them up, with page numbers and locations. Thats very helpful for a slow learner like me.

Sam, I want to point out that not all fusible links may be present on your truck.

It depends on how it was optioned.

Also, this is a question to both Jim and Gary.

I know you two have the zf5, but Im curious what size tire each of you is turning with your different gear ratios

I know you two have the zf5, but Im curious what size tire each of you is turning with your different gear ratios

No, it isn't personal. It is just what it is.

As for tire size, our calculator (Documentation/Driveline/Calculators) just magically seems to be set up for Big Blue's combo of 33" tires and 3.55 gears, so it is easy for me to check the RPM. :nabble_smiley_evil: And at 65 MPH I should be turning 1795 R's.

My axle ratio is 4.10:1

I just have stock tires. 235/85 R16-E

They start out around 32" and are done at 31.

I would like something a bit taller.

With deep gears like that I can be in 4th under 30.

But these scrub the springs already, so I don't want to limit lock in order to fit bigger tires.

My axle ratio is 4.10:1

I just have stock tires. 235/85 R16-E

They start out around 32" and are done at 31.

I would like something a bit taller.

With deep gears like that I can be in 4th under 30.

But these scrub the springs already, so I don't want to limit lock in order to fit bigger tires.

Ok, my truck had 33s on it when I bought it. Not sure about gears, though. Its hard for me to tell if I like the combo. Im used to a manual transmission where I can feel when the tires start spinning. But it is my big truck so big tires are nice, especially once we get snow.

Ok, my truck had 33s on it when I bought it. Not sure about gears, though. Its hard for me to tell if I like the combo. Im used to a manual transmission where I can feel when the tires start spinning. But it is my big truck so big tires are nice, especially once we get snow.

Sam, I saw your post about a boost pack.

Have you still not found what's draining your batteries?

Sam, I saw your post about a boost pack.

Have you still not found what's draining your batteries?

Not sure. I drove it this about 1.5 hrs this weekend so now I will recheck battery levels.

Last weekend I charged them enough to start it but didnt have the engine running long enough for the alternator to give them a good charge.

Ive had a lot on my plate this week so I havent been able to dive deeper into the rats nest.

This reminded me of the jump starter because I havent had a truck that wouldnt start in a while but I am in places where it could be an issue if I need to wait for another vehicle to come for a jump (cutting firewood for instance) so its a tool that I want to have available.