Bullnose Forums

AC suction line help.

Ok ya'll everything's in and is holding a good storng vacuum. Here's the problem. Four seasons strikes again, the suction hose is WRONG it cant fit into place without kinking and the end does not fit correctly into the compressoer. We took the old suction hose and used it and is holding a vacuum. Here's the thing. we forgot to flush it. How screwed are we?? Help

20200829_140257.jpg.53b67fb3d12ac8c951532361843682c5.jpg

It was the hose from the condenser to the compresser that busted years ago. the compresser didnt blow up or seize, we just decided to replace it.

You should be good if the hose does not leak under pressure.

My next question is kinda out there, how are you going to fill and test pressures without the radiator in it? The only way to do that is with the engine running.

Just a thought.

You should be good if the hose does not leak under pressure.

My next question is kinda out there, how are you going to fill and test pressures without the radiator in it? The only way to do that is with the engine running.

Just a thought.

we wanted to hurry up and pull a vacuum on it because everything was open. we headed to autozone right now to get a belt and some new antifreeze. we will be putting it back together before we try to fill it

we wanted to hurry up and pull a vacuum on it because everything was open. we headed to autozone right now to get a belt and some new antifreeze. we will be putting it back together before we try to fill it

Ok, I guess I wont shut up, but just for a second. I see in the picture that the anti-vibration bracket is missing. The bracket goes from the back of the compressor up to where the hoses come together above the rear of the compressor. It may sound stupid, that bracket stops the vibration and keeps the aluiminum from braking.

Just a thought

Ok, I guess I wont shut up, but just for a second. I see in the picture that the anti-vibration bracket is missing. The bracket goes from the back of the compressor up to where the hoses come together above the rear of the compressor. It may sound stupid, that bracket stops the vibration and keeps the aluiminum from braking.

Just a thought

Good eye Steve!

I think it was Matthew (Maybe Dave?) Who said that bracket vibrated off their compressor and it was making a racket.

But any kind of stay is better than no stay.

Good eye Steve!

I think it was Matthew (Maybe Dave?) Who said that bracket vibrated off their compressor and it was making a racket.

But any kind of stay is better than no stay.

If you look it up in the HVAC in documentation, it shows a picture of it for the 460's in the ac brackets if you need to know what it looks like.