Bullnose Forums

power window switches and bezel

Is carparts.com a dodgy website?

Just that George was saying yesterday that he is done with them, and Rockauto.

I think you get what you pay for, and if there's no $ for real service then you're playing to the lowest common denominator.

Not that I have any kind of vendetta against either one of these companies.

That link says it’s for Chevys and GMs. The pins don’t look right to me.

Granted they were not for Ford, but they were the closest I've seen that match the "spirit" of the original Ford switches.

There are also Mustang switches available, in black, but im sure I've seen them in chrome too...

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-14528GK/mustang-window-switch-bezel-kit-82-86?utm_source=google-shopping&utm_medium=comparison-shopping&utm_campaign=google-shopping-v2&adpos=&scid=scplpLRS-14528GK&sc_intid=LRS-14528GK&gclid=CjwKCAjwkJj6BRA-EiwA0ZVPVlrxPh6Ppm71UrN2fMbK7NDTiPdknlSeqVFIJ0TAd914rw_n4deNOhoC7lQQAvD_BwE

Granted they were not for Ford, but they were the closest I've seen that match the "spirit" of the original Ford switches.

There are also Mustang switches available, in black, but im sure I've seen them in chrome too...

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-14528GK/mustang-window-switch-bezel-kit-82-86?utm_source=google-shopping&utm_medium=comparison-shopping&utm_campaign=google-shopping-v2&adpos=&scid=scplpLRS-14528GK&sc_intid=LRS-14528GK&gclid=CjwKCAjwkJj6BRA-EiwA0ZVPVlrxPh6Ppm71UrN2fMbK7NDTiPdknlSeqVFIJ0TAd914rw_n4deNOhoC7lQQAvD_BwE

I didn't mean to diminish your suggestion, at all.

I was just noting the irony. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I think (if I had power windows) I'd be glad to see those switches in my truck! :nabble_smiley_good:

I didn't mean to diminish your suggestion, at all.

I was just noting the irony. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I think (if I had power windows) I'd be glad to see those switches in my truck! :nabble_smiley_good:

No offense taken, Jim.

I didn't see the post where George wrote he was done, but I can appreciate why.

Recently I learned (the hardware) that Tabco sold their inventory of Bronco tailgate patch panels to JBG, who is now selling them for 2.5x the price. I'm all for profit, but I should have bought them from Tabco when I first saw them.

No offense taken, Jim.

I didn't see the post where George wrote he was done, but I can appreciate why.

Recently I learned (the hardware) that Tabco sold their inventory of Bronco tailgate patch panels to JBG, who is now selling them for 2.5x the price. I'm all for profit, but I should have bought them from Tabco when I first saw them.

I have nothing but raves for Tabco! :nabble_anim_jump:

Jeff's has always been solid, but I didn't know a thing about their markup, until now...

I hope George takes this the right way too.

The design of the Mustang ones look really good. I agree - I think I've seen people on FTE use those but in chrome.

George - do you have a link for the $60 drivers bezel you found? Was it new repro or eBay?

The design of the Mustang ones look really good. I agree - I think I've seen people on FTE use those but in chrome.

George - do you have a link for the $60 drivers bezel you found? Was it new repro or eBay?

The link i found for the ones for 60 bucks is gone. If the only place i can get them is carparts.com then so be it, i have to do what i have to do. At that price, even though they dont fit Ford, i have to wonder about the quality, but in our case, we are pretty much desperate. I am going to do more looking around to see what i can come up with. I haven't shown them to Nick yet, i will shortly and get back and let ya'll know what he says about them, but is my belief that as long as we can find a pigtail, they should work. Be back in a bit

The link i found for the ones for 60 bucks is gone. If the only place i can get them is carparts.com then so be it, i have to do what i have to do. At that price, even though they dont fit Ford, i have to wonder about the quality, but in our case, we are pretty much desperate. I am going to do more looking around to see what i can come up with. I haven't shown them to Nick yet, i will shortly and get back and let ya'll know what he says about them, but is my belief that as long as we can find a pigtail, they should work. Be back in a bit

Ok, first off i found them on Amazon for 16 bucks in Dornman. They wont work. GM does power windows different then Ford does. They are also to long and to short to fit.

the mustang ones wont work either

He is going to rebuild the switches. i'm going to get new sockets from LMC truck and we are going to repair the Bezel. Where the bezel goes into the door and hangs on is broken. we didn't want to repair it f we didn't have to , but we have no choice.

So i'm going to let you all in a little secret, that is if you dont already know. We need something very strong to get the switch and bezel to stay inside the door so we are going to have to attach some ears of some sort to keep it in the door, being it is plastic we have a little home brew that will secure whatever we attach to it. This absolutely works and we have used this on many things. Our TV antenna is one of them and is sitting 35 feet in the air with this repair job and has held strong, it even went through a few tropical storms.

The home brew is Crazy Glue and baking soda.

Ok, first off i found them on Amazon for 16 bucks in Dornman. They wont work. GM does power windows different then Ford does. They are also to long and to short to fit.

He is going to rebuild the switches. i'm going to get new sockets from LMC truck and we are going to repair the Bezel. Where the bezel goes into the door and hangs on is broken. we didn't want to repair it f we didn't have to , but we have no choice.

So i'm going to let you all in a little secret, that is if you dont already know. We need something very strong to get the switch and bezel to stay inside the door so we are going to have to attach some ears of some sort to keep it in the door, being it is plastic we have a little home brew that will secure whatever we attach to it. This absolutely works and we have used this on many things. Our TV antenna is one of them and is sitting 35 feet in the air with this repair job and has held strong, it even went through a few tropical storms.

George - I hope your TV antenna survives Lara! Good luck.

Old modelers trick.

In fact, I think there's some company out there selling it as their 'plastic secret' or something like that.

Best to use the toughened rubber bonding formula CA that is used for gluing tyres on RC dune buggies and model pre-runners.