Bullnose Forums

84 Ford Bronco

DJBronco

Hi folks:

Gland to join up with other old Ford Truck enthusiast. I recently purchased my 84 Bronco after looking for some time. Found one in great condition, only 109,000 miles, no rust, great interior, good glass and brand new tires and wheels. It has a later model Ford Mustang 302HO. I have been upgrading the A/C system with new components and hoses. I do need some help, it is a Dealer Installed A/C system. Most of the wiring is still there, however some are missing. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for a Dealer Installed A/C system?

Thanks guys

Rich

Hello! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd add you if we had a city or zip.

On the A/C, a wiring diagram for a dealer-installed system is hard to come by. Part of the problem is that there were several options available to the dealers, each from different companies, so there were several diagrams. And I don't think I have any of them. Perhaps others do?

Having said that, I'll look tomorrow to see what the factory shop manuals have. Perhaps one of those has something.

Hello! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd add you if we had a city or zip.On the A/C, a wiring diagram for a dealer-installed system is hard to come by. Part of the problem is that there were several options available to the dealers, each from different companies, so there were several diagrams. And I don't think I have any of them. Perhaps others do?Having said that, I'll look tomorrow to see what the factory shop manuals have. Perhaps one of those has something.
Sorry, I’m retired military and the FAA.  I live in Graham Washington, 98338.  I have the factory wiring manual and it is an Accumulator type system, mine is the older receiver/drier typ. 

Sent from my iPad

Rich - You are now on the map. And I'll check the factory shop manual for dealer-installed A/C systems when I get out to the shop later this morning.

By the way, you may be posting via email. When you do that you get a lot of baggage, including the previous person's post unless you click the three dots at the bottom and clear it out. Your choice whether you reply via email or click the link to log onto the forum and post that way. But the latter gives a cleaner result.

Rich - You are now on the map. And I'll check the factory shop manual for dealer-installed A/C systems when I get out to the shop later this morning.

By the way, you may be posting via email. When you do that you get a lot of baggage, including the previous person's post unless you click the three dots at the bottom and clear it out. Your choice whether you reply via email or click the link to log onto the forum and post that way. But the latter gives a cleaner result.

This seems to emphasize clutch and compressor repair? [dated 1981]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Climate-Contol-Compressor-Clutch-Overhaul-Ford-Dealer-Installed-A-C-System/163832317240?hash=item26252ac538:g:kaIAAOSw5hVdYUr~

And another:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-81-FORD-COMPRESSOR-CLUTCH-OVERHAUL-DEALER-INSTALLED-AIR-CONDITIONING-MANUAL/173990622538?hash=item2882a6354a:g:XFIAAOSw0PtdTEDp

I don't see anything in the factory shop manuals specific to dealer-installed A/C. But what is in them is on our page at Documentation/HVAC Systems and on the 1985 FSM Instructions tab. Maybe I missed something?