Bullnose Forums

Negative Battery Cable Pigtail

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I'm not sure if Gary's got that, I do, should have both halves once I see the pictures.

Hi Bill!

Here's a pic of the connector at one end. The connector is in good shape. Sorry about the photo quality; my flash drowned out the appearance but I'm sure you know the connector I speak of.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.f8f6d3a31d550900adeadf12829360f5.jpg

Here's a pic of the negative battery cable with pigtail.

contentinfo.jpg.c1c909bbf139d4d0304d9cce94b49b34.jpg

What I need is the wire with connectors that plugs into the pigtail and the harness connector. I'm certain I can easily fashion one by soldering ends to wire that will plug into both connections. No point to send one unless you think I really need to use an original.

Thanks!!

Hi Bill!

Here's a pic of the connector at one end. The connector is in good shape. Sorry about the photo quality; my flash drowned out the appearance but I'm sure you know the connector I speak of.

Here's a pic of the negative battery cable with pigtail.

What I need is the wire with connectors that plugs into the pigtail and the harness connector. I'm certain I can easily fashion one by soldering ends to wire that will plug into both connections. No point to send one unless you think I really need to use an original.

Thanks!!

Ok, that one looks like one of the nice pull-apart connectors Ford was slowly phasing out in the late 80s. The ones I have (I won't be able to get you a picture till tomorrow) are the newer style that was coming into use as those were being phased out. These had a male and female half and the back (wire end) has a rubber seal the wires pass through and the male pins are in a recessed housing with an O-ring seal where the female sockets are. Here is what the pins look like:

Female .110

Female_.thumb.jpg.564cb842dae00d1929c5c7032fab7d47.jpg

Male_.thumb.jpg.2e754c657439f4e53222a866d5824df5.jpg

Ok, that one looks like one of the nice pull-apart connectors Ford was slowly phasing out in the late 80s. The ones I have (I won't be able to get you a picture till tomorrow) are the newer style that was coming into use as those were being phased out. These had a male and female half and the back (wire end) has a rubber seal the wires pass through and the male pins are in a recessed housing with an O-ring seal where the female sockets are. Here is what the pins look like:

Female .110

Male .110

These are both available new from Dorman.

Engine looks sharp sir!

Thanks, Bill, for the information and about the comment on my engine. Here's another pic:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.1d4e74c0d1efa652759afc8e5176b11f.jpg

Still have to install the passenger side header, tranny stick, thermactor pump, alternator, belts, etc., but she's almost ready to go!

I'm creating a nice air intake system also with some wonderful stuff I found at Pegasus racing. I'll send pics once it's all put together.

With regard to my inquiry about grounding the EFI system, I'll be using similar connectors as you describe.

Steve

Thanks, Bill, for the information and about the comment on my engine. Here's another pic:

Still have to install the passenger side header, tranny stick, thermactor pump, alternator, belts, etc., but she's almost ready to go!

I'm creating a nice air intake system also with some wonderful stuff I found at Pegasus racing. I'll send pics once it's all put together.

With regard to my inquiry about grounding the EFI system, I'll be using similar connectors as you describe.

Steve

Definitely nice looking! Here is what will be going in Darth later:

DSCN1271.thumb.jpg.7a83a2c43b8b8d0872ad1b2bfc0b21a1.jpg

Both of those engines look GOOD! Well done, guys. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bill - Are you going to send me the stripped upper plenum? No hurry, but seeing that one reminded me.

Thanks, it looks better with the nicer chrome painted valve covers since no one makes nice aftermarket ones for EFI 460s. Yes, I will, but figured no rush on it.

Wow! That's going to scream!!!

Steve, I don't know about scream, 9.3:1 compression, mild cam .030 over for 466.3 ci, but, Darth weighs 6400 lbs empty and has a 3.55 gear with 215/85R-16 tires. 55 mph in OD (E4OD trans) is 1500 rpm. I will not put headers on (ask Gary about headers + 460), but since Darth is a 1986 > 8500 GVWR truck, non-catalyst.