Bullnose Forums

Four seasons ac liquid line help

Okay my truck people. Here is the hose for our Bullnose trucks with factory ac, orifice tube system.

Definately a catalog mistake. and is about 3 inches longer which makes me feel better, way to tight a fit.

we having 2 back to back hurricanes getting ready to hit us. Pray for us, our safety and Brutus.. We're going to assemble it in the house during the storm and pull a vacuum, then drop the whole system in the truck. ( sounds scary but we've done it before ) actually easier this way.

OK, 4 seasons 55782 is the liquid line

This is what I said earlier.

The catalogs show two different ones for these trucks.

55782 (the correct one for yours as well as my 86)

Liquid Line

Without Orifice Tube; In Plant Charged System; Without Manual Shut-Off Valve At Compressor

Orifice Tube Included: No

Liquid Line

Without Orifice Tube; Pre Charged System; With Manual Shut-Off Valve At Compressor

I knew the photos looked backwards (wasn't sure if I should add screenshots but decided against it) since mine has the manual shut off so that's why I had them order in both and matched mine against it. Worked behind the counter in high school and know it's a whole lot easier to order too much and return it than take a gamble.

I really like RA but anytime I am ordering something like this online I look it up on at least two other sites and if there's even a chance something looks off, I deal locally.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liquid Line

Without Orifice Tube; In Plant Charged System; Without Manual Shut-Off Valve At Compressor

Liquid Line

Without Orifice Tube; Pre Charged System; With Manual Shut-Off Valve At Compressor

I knew the photos looked backwards (wasn't sure if I should add screenshots but decided against it) since mine has the manual shut off so that's why I had them order in both and matched mine against it. Worked behind the counter in high school and know it's a whole lot easier to order too much and return it than take a gamble.

I really like RA but anytime I am ordering something like this online I look it up on at least two other sites and if there's even a chance something looks off, I deal locally.

I got the Four Seasons 55782 from Partsgeek. It’s listed for my ‘84 but for no orifice tube and no shutoff at the compressor, but I ordered it anyway and it fit perfectly. Of course my truck has an orifice tube and a shutoff at the compressor.

Mark

Liquid Line

Liquid Line

I got the Four Seasons 55782 from Partsgeek. It’s listed for my ‘84 but for no orifice tube and no shutoff at the compressor, but I ordered it anyway and it fit perfectly. Of course my truck has an orifice tube and a shutoff at the compressor.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Seems like they are definitely wrong with the manual shut-off description.

For the 'Without Orifice Tube' I don't know if they mean no orifice tube in the system (which as you said is wrong) or if they just mean it doesn't come with one. Eh, either way it's misleading.

Thanks Mark.

For the 'Without Orifice Tube' I don't know if they mean no orifice tube in the system (which as you said is wrong) or if they just mean it doesn't come with one. Eh, either way it's misleading.

They are totally wrong, it does not give the correct hose info for the 86, I had to look up an 83 to find it, and indeed it is without Orifice tube and no manual shut off valve at compresser.

Has anybody ever seen a manual shut off valve at compresser with that type of fitting that appears to fit the exact same condenser. I haven't

They are totally wrong, it does not give the correct hose info for the 86, I had to look up an 83 to find it, and indeed it is without Orifice tube and no manual shut off valve at compresser.

Has anybody ever seen a manual shut off valve at compresser with that type of fitting that appears to fit the exact same condenser. I haven't

I see - all depends upon what engine you choose. Out of habit I always choose the 7.5 which gives you both options. Choosing the 4.9 (still 86 either 150 or 250) it only shows the 55882.

They are totally wrong, and indeed it is without Orifice tube and no manual shut off valve at compresser.

Has anybody ever seen a manual shut off valve at compresser with that type of fitting

No, but keep have seen listings where there were TWO w/ listings because either some data entry schmuck missed a key, or autodefect decided there shouldn't be one without a tube or whatever.....

LMC is pretty guilty of this.

But think it is compounded because they are just aggregating catalogues and spec sheets from others.

Sometimes I think proofreaders are no longer a thing, because OCR and a filter are 1,000X faster, even though they have no context.

They are totally wrong, and indeed it is without Orifice tube and no manual shut off valve at compresser.

Has anybody ever seen a manual shut off valve at compresser with that type of fitting

No, but keep have seen listings where there were TWO w/ listings because either some data entry schmuck missed a key, or autodefect decided there shouldn't be one without a tube or whatever.....

LMC is pretty guilty of this.

But think it is compounded because they are just aggregating catalogues and spec sheets from others.

Sometimes I think proofreaders are no longer a thing, because OCR and a filter are 1,000X faster, even though they have no context.

Jim. when i was in parts, there were so many mistakes in those catalogs, especially when we had to do updates I'm not sure if there are any proof readers at all, i have to wonder if there were ever any. Especially with Napa. I'm going to come right out and say this to you guys. Many of you would disagree, but i'm sorry i used to work for them. Napa isn't what they make themselves out to be. Autozone, oRiley and Advance 's parts are superior in everyway and cheaper. During my time at Napa is where i found many mistakes in there " state of the art " parts look up system called TAMS. We also were a Napa service center as well and our Vic fell victim. and so did many other's. I've done many many returns and exchanges in particular from high line to low line stuff. Many recalls that customers have no clue about.

Our 95 crown vic only has 90 miles on it, and it has been with us since it was new. It was Nicks moms car and we ended up with it when his parents were called to heaven. When we got the car, it had 30k on it, so we are talking about 60k miles we put on it. when we got it, we put about 10 k on it and it was time for a new set of tires, and the ball joints were in pretty bad shape and needing to be replaced. We replaced them with napa top of the line ball joints and got some new tires. some time went buy and we put about another 15k miles on the car. Well, It's a ford car with that good handling and all the good stuff that dosen't hold up, but again, its a Ford, the front end can be falling out and it will still drive good. The car began to squeak again and started to wander. So the car goes up on the rack, and yes it needed the ball joints replaced again along with upper and lower control arm bushings, sway bar link and another set of front tires. We also had the belt tensioner changed, new front and back brakes and rotors. Once we got it back, it was about a year or so after i left Napa, wewere driving to baton rouge to pick up my glasses and the belt tensioner busted ont he interstate and we ended up having to get the car towed home. a little more time went by and the car began to wonder again and squeak. We got under there and sure enough, it needs ball joints again, the upper and lower control arms are busted and the front brakes are grinding metal on metal. This is the way the vic sits right now and is most of the reason why there is a sense of urgency to get Brutus back on the road. The vic is at the point where it is not worth putting the work into so it is going to be parked for now. It will get fixed, but at this time the car is only worth about 800 bucks to the insurence company, but is quickly gaining in value on the classic market, already at 5k. We have a 95, and the 96 was the very last year of the gear box rear wheel drive full size car. People are beginning to want them, that and it has very big sentimental meaning to Nick, so we will end doing a total restore once the ranchero is done. Hopefully i will have a rack at that time so i can just do the work myself.

I can tell you horror stories about Napa, i just told you one

My advice to all of you that buy from Napa. Dont buy any steering, suspension or brake parts, but if you have to, buy the low line stuff. Napa has usually 3 lines, cheap, middle and best. the cheap stuff is better although it dosent have a good warranty. They will try to talk you out of it, they made us do that.

Here's another example of how good there state of the art TAMS system is. I am the Ford guy and everybody would come to me with Ford problems. We had many employees that did not know what they were doing, they would just look up the parts and give the customer the parts ( there's nothing wrong with that) but the system would give mis information.

The 80's model crown vics, when you would look up brakes, it would only give you the info for cop car brakes, yet it wouldnot say cop car. Customers would bring the brakes back and say they dont fit. Same thing with exhaust, everything crown vic gave info for a dual exhaust. I've contacted the head office many times about this but was never remedied. It may have been by now, i havent worked for them in about 8 years. These people really didnt like me. What i ended up having to do was to tell the people that work there if a crown vic comes in to look up the parts for the same year Grand Marquis and everything would be correct, just bypass the vic and look up grand marquis.

Thanks Mark.

I took "no orifice tube" now that I'm thinking back, to mean none supplied with the hose, which of course connects on one end at the evaporator where the tube is. That explains why I would've ordered it. It makes some sense, the assumption being that if you're replacing the hose you oughta be replacing the tube.

Yes and no on the manual shutoff. That condition should only make a difference to the suction and discharge hoses which are different because they connect where the shutoff would or would not be. Actually I screwed up and ordered the suction hose for no valve and it didn't fit, so I had to exchange it.

Mark

They are totally wrong, it does not give the correct hose info for the 86, I had to look up an 83 to find it, and indeed it is without Orifice tube and no manual shut off valve at compressor.

Has anybody ever seen a manual shut off valve at compressor with that type of fitting that appears to fit the exact same condenser. I haven't

I have shutoffs at the compressor and it does matter for suction and discharge hoses. It didn't matter for my liquid line, evaporator, or condenser, which makes sense.

Mark

They are totally wrong, it does not give the correct hose info for the 86, I had to look up an 83 to find it, and indeed it is without Orifice tube and no manual shut off valve at compressor.

Has anybody ever seen a manual shut off valve at compressor with that type of fitting that appears to fit the exact same condenser. I haven't

I have shutoffs at the compressor and it does matter for suction and discharge hoses. It didn't matter for my liquid line, evaporator, or condenser, which makes sense.

Mark

Thats what never made sense to me either, the condensers are the same. When i ordered my condenser, it said nothing about a shutoff valve