Bullnose Forums

Four seasons ac liquid line help

I'll be praying for y'all with those two storms headed your way.

I remember being in the UK and watching Katrina hit back in 2005 and feeling such a huge sense of loss. I knew many people in that area since I'd had employees with DuPont and Conoco throughout that region.

So I'll be praying for them and for you, George & Nick.

By the way, when you talk with Rock Auto tell them about our rating and review system? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary I rode out Katrina. I live about 40 miles from new orleans, but when i first moved down here from Maryland, i setteled in new orleans. I will never forget the next morning, you turn the tv on, nothing, you turn the radio on, its like its broken, nothing. Then we finally got a tv station and i saw the images. they are burned in my mind

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary I rode out Katrina. I live about 40 miles from new orleans, but when i first moved down here from Maryland, i setteled in new orleans. I will never forget the next morning, you turn the tv on, nothing, you turn the radio on, its like its broken, nothing. Then we finally got a tv station and i saw the images. they are burned in my mind

They are burned in mind as well. It was AWFUL! And there I was so far, far away. I think the Brits I was with thought I was crazy for being so emotional.

Here's praying that nothing like that happens this time around.

They are burned in mind as well. It was AWFUL! And there I was so far, far away. I think the Brits I was with thought I was crazy for being so emotional.

Here's praying that nothing like that happens this time around.

Gary, alot of people dont get it, even the people back home in Maryland. when you turn on a radio and all you hear is static, when you finally get a tv station and they show the dansiger bridge and they show they with a very old woman from the fisher project being pulled in an old refrigerator to safety. I knew her. when i lived in new orleans, i used to walk past the Fisher every day and i would see her on her porch and i would always stop and say hi. Seeing that affected me still to this day, even writing to you i can see it in my mind and i have to stop for a minute

Ford was funny like that, sometimes those manuals are useless. especially back in that day when you could order just about anything you wanted. I've seen 351M's in cougars. I had a 79, but had a 302. had a 78 LTDII with 351M, and get this, a c4

Yep but the problem is for 77-79 the only engines you could get was the 302, 351W or the 400. No 351M and no 460, the 460 was a option from 76 that was dropped for the 77 model year.

I understand that those manuals can be useless but this goes outside the scope of just the shop manuals it also goes into sales brochures and option charts that doesnt show the modified version.

I know there were some 351M`s in Cougars but those would have been pre 1977 model year. My '78 was one of 3 years for my body style, 77 through 79 and each year had different tail lights which makes mine a one year style. They did this I believe to try and cut down on fuel consumption then the oil crisis hit and the midsize Cougars were dropped after 1979 and they became the small compact platform Cougars in 1980.

Mine though is a 351W with a FMX transmission behind it and I have to double check but I think mine is a 2.50:1 axle ratio not a 2.75 like I have listed but I can never keep straight the axle ratios on my truck and my Mercury.

If its not that , its the customers. i had a guy come in needing a headlight for an 88 f150, i handed him the element. he got pissed off at me and started yelling at me telling me his truck has regular headlights, so on, so fourth. While my 88 was in the parking lot, LOL. Finally once i was able to get a word in edge wise, i ask him to setp outside to his truck. I ask him to take his fingernaiol and tap on the headlight. he , did, he just look at me. I ask him to raise his hood, he did. I reach behind, pop the light out and handed it to him. Turned and walked backinto the store.

Yep, ive had horrible customers as well. Its why I have started just telling customers to wait in the office that I dont work in the office. I used to ask them what they want and help them but I dont get paid for dealing with the customers and it can be a real headache trying to explain to a customer. Like that one that is without a doubt sure that the sniper fuel injection we installed is the reason why his corvette is overheating. even though he never drove the car before the fuel injection was put on as he bought the car from the previous owner who was the one that brought it to us for the fuel injection conversion along with the vintage air installation.

I'll be praying for y'all with those two storms headed your way.

I remember being in the UK and watching Katrina hit back in 2005 and feeling such a huge sense of loss. I knew many people in that area since I'd had employees with DuPont and Conoco throughout that region.

So I'll be praying for them and for you, George & Nick.

By the way, when you talk with Rock Auto tell them about our rating and review system? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Im waiting to see what it does cause Houston is pretty much right in the path of both storms and that could put me out of work. Especially if there is no power here I wont be able to get gas nor would I have an alarm clock to actually wake up to. Plus work would be without power as well and cant work without power.

Im waiting to see what it does cause Houston is pretty much right in the path of both storms and that could put me out of work. Especially if there is no power here I wont be able to get gas nor would I have an alarm clock to actually wake up to. Plus work would be without power as well and cant work without power.

I'll keep you in my prayers Rusty. they still dont know this thing is going to do, our forecast keeps changing every 5 minutes seams

I'll keep you in my prayers Rusty. they still dont know this thing is going to do, our forecast keeps changing every 5 minutes seams

Of course, I havent been watching it to see whats going on. I will check tomorrow morning at work. If we get hit by both of them it could shut our shop down for a week or two.

Of course, I havent been watching it to see whats going on. I will check tomorrow morning at work. If we get hit by both of them it could shut our shop down for a week or two.

Wishing all of you on the western gulf coast safety and prosperity.

I also hope this doesn't come as a 1-2 punch.

While having a tropical storm veer north will effect more people in vulnerable places, it could lessen the impact on some.

Wishing all of you on the western gulf coast safety and prosperity.

I also hope this doesn't come as a 1-2 punch.

While having a tropical storm veer north will effect more people in vulnerable places, it could lessen the impact on some.

Yes, fully agree. Praying for safety.