Bullnose Forums

Four seasons ac liquid line help

yea ford went to the orifice tube in the 80's and the dealer ac was the expansion valve system, but either way. I hope Rock auto gives me my money back, although i may have trouble as i've had the system for 3 months. I will call 4 seasons and get them to fix this.

I'm not in parts anymore, but when i was, i found so many catalog errors

So far i found 2

1 on the exhaust manifold flange studs, and now on the liquid line .

Have to wonder if Gary should start an error thread

I went into Autozone to get a headlight for a 1992 Ranger I was working on. The kid on the counter tried to sell me a replacement bulb. I informed him it had sealed beams at which point he said "it can't, the catalog (computer) says it takes a bulb". I asked to pull it and come out and show me how it installed at which point the manager told him the catalog was wrong and showed him how to report it. He then sold me the correct headlight.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into Autozone to get a headlight for a 1992 Ranger I was working on. The kid on the counter tried to sell me a replacement bulb. I informed him it had sealed beams at which point he said "it can't, the catalog (computer) says it takes a bulb". I asked to pull it and come out and show me how it installed at which point the manager told him the catalog was wrong and showed him how to report it. He then sold me the correct headlight.

You'd be surprised, especially when i worked at Napa. Most of there comuter system that is supposed to be so wonderful and great had so many mistakes it wasn't even funny. many manyy times i just used the books

You'd be surprised, especially when i worked at Napa. Most of there comuter system that is supposed to be so wonderful and great had so many mistakes it wasn't even funny. many manyy times i just used the books

And now the paper's been pulped or burned.

Waddya do about dat?

You want something fun, look up on Autozone a 1978 Mercury Cougar XR7 like I have, look at the 351 engine options they have a 351W and a 351M option. Sorry but all my factory lit and 1978 Ford shop manuals the large 8 volume set no where does it list a 351M option for the 78 Cougar`s just a 351W option.

I had this issue with a U joint I had to get a replacement for the replacement when it broke installing it. Kid got real upset with me cause I was being smart with him after I told him 4 times he selected 351M which is not even an option for this car instead of the 351W.

Its nice that it didnt resort with you being cursed being told to gtfo all the while the manager is hiding in the back not wanting to deal with a customer being treated horribly while trying to correct a employee that is selecting the wrong engine that wasnt even an engine option.

Same thing with Oreilly. I tried to get an receiver drier for my truck, kept coming out with an accumulator I told them that I have dealer AC i have an receiver drier not an accumulator. Even the manager gave me the same story that they are one in the same as the computer says Receiver-drier/accumulator. I told him they are not the same they are situated in two different parts of the AC system and do two different jobs. Its a either or, or a both. I told him to come out to my '78 Cougar and ill show him how mine has both. He didnt want to finally i just left there. Its why I never replaced my Receiver-drier on my truck and just let it ride with the hopes that its not bad or over charged with oil.

I did look on rock auto it seems that Four Seasons makes the dealer installed AC drier now but the question is if its the same as mine and if I can get my old AC hoses to slide off the barbs without cutting. I know I really want to replace it so I can flush my entire AC system out and drain my york compressor and add the right amount of pag oil to my system.

You want something fun, look up on Autozone a 1978 Mercury Cougar XR7 like I have, look at the 351 engine options they have a 351W and a 351M option. Sorry but all my factory lit and 1978 Ford shop manuals the large 8 volume set no where does it list a 351M option for the 78 Cougar`s just a 351W option.

I had this issue with a U joint I had to get a replacement for the replacement when it broke installing it. Kid got real upset with me cause I was being smart with him after I told him 4 times he selected 351M which is not even an option for this car instead of the 351W.

Its nice that it didnt resort with you being cursed being told to gtfo all the while the manager is hiding in the back not wanting to deal with a customer being treated horribly while trying to correct a employee that is selecting the wrong engine that wasnt even an engine option.

Same thing with Oreilly. I tried to get an receiver drier for my truck, kept coming out with an accumulator I told them that I have dealer AC i have an receiver drier not an accumulator. Even the manager gave me the same story that they are one in the same as the computer says Receiver-drier/accumulator. I told him they are not the same they are situated in two different parts of the AC system and do two different jobs. Its a either or, or a both. I told him to come out to my '78 Cougar and ill show him how mine has both. He didnt want to finally i just left there. Its why I never replaced my Receiver-drier on my truck and just let it ride with the hopes that its not bad or over charged with oil.

I did look on rock auto it seems that Four Seasons makes the dealer installed AC drier now but the question is if its the same as mine and if I can get my old AC hoses to slide off the barbs without cutting. I know I really want to replace it so I can flush my entire AC system out and drain my york compressor and add the right amount of pag oil to my system.

Ford was funny like that, sometimes those manuals are useless. especially back in that day when you could order just about anything you wanted. I've seen 351M's in cougars. I had a 79, but had a 302. had a 78 LTDII with 351M, and get this, a c4

If its not that , its the customers. i had a guy come in needing a headlight for an 88 f150, i handed him the element. he got pissed off at me and started yelling at me telling me his truck has regular headlights, so on, so fourth. While my 88 was in the parking lot, LOL. Finally once i was able to get a word in edge wise, i ask him to setp outside to his truck. I ask him to take his fingernaiol and tap on the headlight. he , did, he just look at me. I ask him to raise his hood, he did. I reach behind, pop the light out and handed it to him. Turned and walked backinto the store.

If its not that , its the customers. i had a guy come in needing a headlight for an 88 f150, i handed him the element. he got pissed off at me and started yelling at me telling me his truck has regular headlights, so on, so fourth. While my 88 was in the parking lot, LOL. Finally once i was able to get a word in edge wise, i ask him to setp outside to his truck. I ask him to take his fingernaiol and tap on the headlight. he , did, he just look at me. I ask him to raise his hood, he did. I reach behind, pop the light out and handed it to him. Turned and walked backinto the store.

Okay my truck people. Here is the hose for our Bullnose trucks with factory ac, orifice tube system.

Definately a catalog mistake. and is about 3 inches longer which makes me feel better, way to tight a fit.

we having 2 back to back hurricanes getting ready to hit us. Pray for us, our safety and Brutus.. We're going to assemble it in the house during the storm and pull a vacuum, then drop the whole system in the truck. ( sounds scary but we've done it before ) actually easier this way.

OK, 4 seasons 55782 is the liquid line

20200823_141856.jpg.0c32e118e65cebe7942daf541b2a408d.jpg

20200823_141901.jpg.95e91f82f2904e75ae520aba7afcf8e1.jpg

Okay my truck people. Here is the hose for our Bullnose trucks with factory ac, orifice tube system.

Definately a catalog mistake. and is about 3 inches longer which makes me feel better, way to tight a fit.

we having 2 back to back hurricanes getting ready to hit us. Pray for us, our safety and Brutus.. We're going to assemble it in the house during the storm and pull a vacuum, then drop the whole system in the truck. ( sounds scary but we've done it before ) actually easier this way.

OK, 4 seasons 55782 is the liquid line

I'm contacting 4 seasons, but in the meantime, if you do need a liquid line. get them to look up an 83 with a non orifice tube system.

I heard back from rockauto. they are telling me i ordered the wrong hose. I wrote them back, we'll see what happens

I'll be praying for y'all with those two storms headed your way.

I remember being in the UK and watching Katrina hit back in 2005 and feeling such a huge sense of loss. I knew many people in that area since I'd had employees with DuPont and Conoco throughout that region.

So I'll be praying for them and for you, George & Nick.

By the way, when you talk with Rock Auto tell them about our rating and review system? :nabble_smiley_wink: