Bullnose Forums

Woot! Headlight buzzer

Modern cars, and European cars from way back, allow you to leave your headlight switch in the on position all the time. Not so much in the Bullnose. The one buzzer I needed wasn’t in my base, non-light package truck and I’ve been leaving my lights on. So, I studied up here and elsewhere, bought a 7-pin buzzer, plugged it in and voilá! No more self-stranding. The original 6-pin is on the left.

Nobody I know has any clue why this matters so much to me. Actually I don’t know either...

4B82FC9A-3925-4292-A7FE-993B1D00F9D2.thumb.jpeg.afd5db53bf5813a3ff43b535c02ffcd5.jpeg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the later chime is MUCH less irritating.

For those interested in a comparison (not my video):

I do find it funny that the guy doing the video, at the beginning, states that he likes the buzzer for the same reason a lot of us have mentioned here before: sentimentality.

But the later chime is MUCH less irritating.

For those interested in a comparison (not my video):

I do find it funny that the guy doing the video, at the beginning, states that he likes the buzzer for the same reason a lot of us have mentioned here before: sentimentality.

Guy on youtube actually reprogrammed one of the buzzers to actually be musical.

Shame that someone hasnt done this commercially im sure many would rather junk their traditional buzzer/chime for something musical especially if they could custom select the tune.

Shame that someone hasnt done this commercially im sure many would rather junk their traditional buzzer/chime for something musical especially if they could custom select the tune.

I was grinning like a fool as soon as I read the title. Didn't expect it to actually sound that good either.

No kidding - I remember buying some hacked up usb connector for my first cell phone to make it have ringtones that sounded worse than that.

I likely wouldn't keep it long (kind of like how using a song as an alarm ruins the song) but it would be fun to have.

I was grinning like a fool as soon as I read the title. Didn't expect it to actually sound that good either.

No kidding - I remember buying some hacked up usb connector for my first cell phone to make it have ringtones that sounded worse than that.

I likely wouldn't keep it long (kind of like how using a song as an alarm ruins the song) but it would be fun to have.

And people program computer hard drives to play symphonies!

(Actually my l33t favorite it the imperial march from Star Wars)

Lots of cars now have fake engine noise, not just electric ones.

You can choose what you hear inside, or what is heard outside.

Not the sort of cars that many of us would (or could!) buy, but used Maseratis are relatively cheap these days.

And people program computer hard drives to play symphonies!

(Actually my l33t favorite it the imperial march from Star Wars)

Lots of cars now have fake engine noise, not just electric ones.

You can choose what you hear inside, or what is heard outside.

Not the sort of cars that many of us would (or could!) buy, but used Maseratis are relatively cheap these days.

I think the buzzer gets my attention better than the chime. The chime is a lot less "abrasive" than the buzzer.

As for playing music with it, that's interesting. But even less abrasive.

Then there's playing music with a computer. Back when I started with computers, in about 1969, they used true magnetic-core memory, and the current going to the memory would play a tune on a radio nearby. So there were all sorts of programs that would play different tunes. But, while the computer was playing music it was doing little else.

I think the buzzer gets my attention better than the chime. The chime is a lot less "abrasive" than the buzzer.

As for playing music with it, that's interesting. But even less abrasive.

Then there's playing music with a computer. Back when I started with computers, in about 1969, they used true magnetic-core memory, and the current going to the memory would play a tune on a radio nearby. So there were all sorts of programs that would play different tunes. But, while the computer was playing music it was doing little else.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DcM_sAxrAu7Q&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjEjY376K7rAhVRYTUKHT3lBcQQyCkwAHoECAsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw26p-I6_BtYtlEC-N-wfEY8

Do a quick YouTube search for "floppotron music" and see what you get.

Mine's unplugged because I can't stand the rasp, but I could probably live with the chime.

OK that's cool.

Mark