Bullnose Forums

Ryan's Truck

Dorsai

Then he needs to read what VW and Shaun are dealing with. The 2wd frames don't have the brackets in the front that are required for the springs. You can see them in my thread called Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install, and particularly this post.

His specific truck will actually be easier because Sky offers a frame box kit for the 92-96 trucks that will allow him to bolt any of the 92-97 RSK's to the 4x2 frame.

SKY Offroad 92-96 Frame Box

Sky also offers a 92-97 coil spring kit for the newer axles as well.

Coil Swap Kit

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His specific truck will actually be easier because Sky offers a frame box kit for the 92-96 trucks that will allow him to bolt any of the 92-97 RSK's to the 4x2 frame.

SKY Offroad 92-96 Frame Box

Sky also offers a 92-97 coil spring kit for the newer axles as well.

Coil Swap Kit

But this means a 'newer axle' not just any D60, yes????

As I said at the start of Big Blue's transformation, Sky seems to make innovative and quality components.

Though Gary encountered some teething problems, we see what happens when a vendor WANTS to work with a customer to make things right.

(Wink and a nod to GSMBlue)

But this means a 'newer axle' not just any D60, yes????

As I said at the start of Big Blue's transformation, Sky seems to make innovative and quality components.

Though Gary encountered some teething problems, we see what happens when a vendor WANTS to work with a customer to make things right.

(Wink and a nod to GSMBlue)

The coil kit is meant for 2005+ axles, they do not make coil kits for the 1986-1997 D60.

Chris Guthro (one of our newer members) swapped his bullnose F150 to a D60 using the factory brackets, so that is an option, although I don't know how it would work on an aeronose frame, plus you'd have to find the brackets.

The coil kit is meant for 2005+ axles, they do not make coil kits for the 1986-1997 D60.

Chris Guthro (one of our newer members) swapped his bullnose F150 to a D60 using the factory brackets, so that is an option, although I don't know how it would work on an aeronose frame, plus you'd have to find the brackets.

The engine mounts I have are a combo of:

Stock 300 frame brackets (bolt on top of crossmember, not to the backside like SBF brackets)

89-93 dodge/cummins engine isolators (mounts)

Home made engine brackets located in the factory location. These were made from a combo of the original 89-93 engine brackets and a piece of 4" x 1/2" strap. Clearance between these mounts and the vacuum/power steering pump combo is rather close, but no issues have arisen. Moving the engine forward would have solved this, but led to even less room between the rad and fan mount hub.....

I also used a 91-93 dodge radiator. It fits better in a Ford.........

The engine mounts I have are a combo of:

Stock 300 frame brackets (bolt on top of crossmember, not to the backside like SBF brackets)

89-93 dodge/cummins engine isolators (mounts)

Home made engine brackets located in the factory location. These were made from a combo of the original 89-93 engine brackets and a piece of 4" x 1/2" strap. Clearance between these mounts and the vacuum/power steering pump combo is rather close, but no issues have arisen. Moving the engine forward would have solved this, but led to even less room between the rad and fan mount hub.....

I also used a 91-93 dodge radiator. It fits better in a Ford.........

Great details Paul!

Thanks for sharing. 👍

There are Fummins owner and tech groups on FB, as well as a subsection on DieselBombers.

But I understand if you don't want to wade into that..

Great details Paul!
Agreed, thanks for sharing! I think James said that he had a source for the engine mounts, so while they may still be homemade brackets, they won't be made in his home.

Speaking of my brother, I had him pull the TPS from the diesel and drop it off with me yesterday - he lives about 50 miles from here, but his work takes him by my house on Wednesdays. I've never thought about a TPS before, but it's just a simple potentiometer which makes it super easy to connect to an Arduino. Even better, that means it can be completely powered by the Arduino so we don't have to figure out how to connect it to the vehicle electrical system.

IMG_2065.jpg.b17cb1dc21c16b5db5d6e3e94b51d1dd.jpg

That's one pin on the TPS to ground, one to +5V, and the third to an analog pin to read the resulting voltage when the pot is twisted with a screwdriver. The relay board to the right of the Arduino is what we'll likely use to switch vehicle power to the torque converter lockup and to the overdrive module.

The code (so far) is very easy, it's just reading the TPS voltage on the A0 analog pin, scaling it to a 0% - 100% range, and then printing the resulting value. This is just test code to prove I can read the TPS, but something very close will find its way into the final software.

tps_run.png.862786aac209e8629b7d33b54a34d4c9.png

Great details Paul!
Agreed, thanks for sharing! I think James said that he had a source for the engine mounts, so while they may still be homemade brackets, they won't be made in his home.

Speaking of my brother, I had him pull the TPS from the diesel and drop it off with me yesterday - he lives about 50 miles from here, but his work takes him by my house on Wednesdays. I've never thought about a TPS before, but it's just a simple potentiometer which makes it super easy to connect to an Arduino. Even better, that means it can be completely powered by the Arduino so we don't have to figure out how to connect it to the vehicle electrical system.

That's one pin on the TPS to ground, one to +5V, and the third to an analog pin to read the resulting voltage when the pot is twisted with a screwdriver. The relay board to the right of the Arduino is what we'll likely use to switch vehicle power to the torque converter lockup and to the overdrive module.

The code (so far) is very easy, it's just reading the TPS voltage on the A0 analog pin, scaling it to a 0% - 100% range, and then printing the resulting value. This is just test code to prove I can read the TPS, but something very close will find its way into the final software.

So, the pot is completely linear?It's not like an audio potentiometer, or any of the other variations?(Asking for a friend....)