Bullnose Forums

Ryan's Truck

Dorsai

Do these coil spring setups bolt (or even adapt) to a D60?

If you're all about the later Superduty front setup you better get the towers, steering box, and everything.

I have no idea, Jim. I've just seen people adapting them and haven't read up on it. But I just thought it is an option that might be something to explore before deciding which way to go.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea, Jim. I've just seen people adapting them and haven't read up on it. But I just thought it is an option that might be something to explore before deciding which way to go.

I'm certain they could be adapted!

But a '70'frame or a '99/ frame are both VERY different from this

I'm certain they could be adapted!

But a '70'frame or a '99/ frame are both VERY different from this

If I had to guess I'd say he'll go with whatever is the most straightforward, which in this case sounds like leaf springs. I suppose I could just ask him and cut down on the amount of speculation...

If I had to guess I'd say he'll go with whatever is the most straightforward, which in this case sounds like leaf springs. I suppose I could just ask him and cut down on the amount of speculation...

Remember to ask Jonathan what he found with his F-450 waterhauler.

iDR exactly, but he may have some mounts, and definitely will have pictures of the aftermath..

Actually...would it be too much trouble to throw up the page(s) that cover the switch and light? You've probably told me everything I should know, but sometimes it helps to just look at a picture.

Check out the page here: Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1996 EVTM/Transmission Control - E4OD.

Gary, you are the man, thank you.

One question on these...in the gray boxes representing the PCM, are the numbers (2, 41, 32, etc) referring to the pin number on the connector? And that the pins can vary depending on GVW and engine type?

Gary, you are the man, thank you.

One question on these...in the gray boxes representing the PCM, are the numbers (2, 41, 32, etc) referring to the pin number on the connector? And that the pins can vary depending on GVW and engine type?

Yes. See the box to the right on Page 30-1 that says:

* 5.8L 0/8500 & 7.5L 0/14000

** GAS UNDER 8500 GVW AND

ALL CALIFORNIA EXCEPT SUPER DUTY

And in the menu you can see that I have several of the sections from the 1996 EVTM, but in case you need others just let me know.

I just checked and yes, he's doing the leaf spring thing.

I just checked and yes, he's doing the leaf spring thing.

Then he needs to read what VW and Shaun are dealing with. The 2wd frames don't have the brackets in the front that are required for the springs. You can see them in my thread called Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install, and particularly this post.

Then he needs to read what VW and Shaun are dealing with. The 2wd frames don't have the brackets in the front that are required for the springs. You can see them in my thread called Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install, and particularly this post.

I'll point him in that direction, then. Thanks!