Bullnose Forums

Ryan's Truck

Dorsai

Also, I have the 1995 factory shop manual so if you need info just let me know.

Gary, does that shop manual include electrical diagrams, or is that a separate manual? We'd like to reuse the overdrive lockout button in the truck if possible, so if you have any info on how that's wired (or even what the wire colors are) that would be very helpful.

Matthew - The FSM doesn't have much electrical, but in the section on the E4OD I see some circuitry. And the FSM has a section on the 4R70W. But you are using a 47RH. So would either of these sections help?

Also, I have a '96 EVTM and can put pages up from it. Maybe that's what you need?

In that I see that the Transmission Control Switch has a red/yellow feeding it power, a tan/white that tells the PCM that the button has been pushed, and a white/light green that controls the LED which "Indicates that 4th gear has been disengaged. May also flash if monitored sensor/acutators or circuits have failed."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to say that, yes Rogue Wulff is a member here although I haven't seen him in quite some time.

I don't recall how many other Fummins owners/builders there on the forum

Missed any comment about Paul/Rogue_Wulff. He doesn't live all that far from me in Sapulpa. He hasn't been on for a while but I do need to contact him to remind him about the show. Is there a question for him?

Missed any comment about Paul/Rogue_Wulff. He doesn't live all that far from me in Sapulpa. He hasn't been on for a while but I do need to contact him to remind him about the show. Is there a question for him?

He'd certainly be an asset in the planning and completion of this project!

Also, I have a '96 EVTM and can put pages up from it. Maybe that's what you need?In that I see that the Transmission Control Switch has a red/yellow feeding it power, a tan/white that tells the PCM that the button has been pushed, and a white/light green that controls the LED which "Indicates that 4th gear has been disengaged. May also flash if monitored sensor/acutators or circuits have failed."
Sounds like that's exactly what I need. In fact, you may have given me everything I need here already - I had neglected to ask about the LED, but we're hoping to use that as well since we'd like to avoid goobering up the dash with a bunch of additional switches and lights.

Actually...would it be too much trouble to throw up the page(s) that cover the switch and light? You've probably told me everything I should know, but sometimes it helps to just look at a picture.

Oh - and as for Paul, the main question I had for him was regarding what front suspension changes, if any, he made to handle the Cummins. It could be moot for all I know - I haven't actually looked up the weights of the engines in question yet. Of course any other insight he has from his experience would be welcome as well.

And speaking of the transmission, James picked it from from KY this weekend:

Resized_20200824_134159.thumb.jpeg.630056c88174c2a64442c5f248a65d2c.jpeg

Also, I have a '96 EVTM and can put pages up from it. Maybe that's what you need?In that I see that the Transmission Control Switch has a red/yellow feeding it power, a tan/white that tells the PCM that the button has been pushed, and a white/light green that controls the LED which "Indicates that 4th gear has been disengaged. May also flash if monitored sensor/acutators or circuits have failed."
Sounds like that's exactly what I need. In fact, you may have given me everything I need here already - I had neglected to ask about the LED, but we're hoping to use that as well since we'd like to avoid goobering up the dash with a bunch of additional switches and lights.

Actually...would it be too much trouble to throw up the page(s) that cover the switch and light? You've probably told me everything I should know, but sometimes it helps to just look at a picture.

Oh - and as for Paul, the main question I had for him was regarding what front suspension changes, if any, he made to handle the Cummins. It could be moot for all I know - I haven't actually looked up the weights of the engines in question yet. Of course any other insight he has from his experience would be welcome as well.

And speaking of the transmission, James picked it from from KY this weekend:

Man! That is one looooooooong combination! And I thought an E4OD was long. You'd best take some measurements to see that you can get it under there. I know on Dad's truck I had to mod the floor as the E4 was too long for a Bullnose regular cab. Hopefully it'll fit under a Supercab.As for the schematics, I can do that tomorrow. No problemo.On the springs, I think Paul said that the replacement springs he put under it earlier worked. But I'd have to go back to FTE to find that info. Maybe Paul will come on and answer the question. But he replaced a 300 with the diesel.

Man! That is one looooooooong combination! And I thought an E4OD was long. You'd best take some measurements to see that you can get it under there. I know on Dad's truck I had to mod the floor as the E4 was too long for a Bullnose regular cab. Hopefully it'll fit under a Supercab.

As for the schematics, I can do that tomorrow. No problemo.

On the springs, I think Paul said that the replacement springs he put under it earlier worked. But I'd have to go back to FTE to find that info. Maybe Paul will come on and answer the question. But he replaced a 300 with the diesel.

Firewall mods are a given with the Cummins.

And that combo is sure to weigh a ton (literally)

Gary, you went into a microanalisys about front springs.

Can you link it?