Bullnose Forums

Water pump, need gasket goop?

Thank you all for the awesome responses! Okay, so i did a dumb thing and somehow 2 of my bolts walked away. Is there a bolt list so i can see whats missing? Having trouble finding anything beyond "remove the bolts".

What i usually do with my bolts, is flip open the lid on the water pump box and sketch it out in Sharpie.

This way I don't confuse the lengths.

So, which ones are you missing?

Thank you all for the awesome responses! Okay, so i did a dumb thing and somehow 2 of my bolts walked away. Is there a bolt list so i can see whats missing? Having trouble finding anything beyond "remove the bolts".

Have you taken and looked at ARP`s website, they have a photo of the timing cover bolt set for a SBF it should give you an idea of how many of the same length you should have. Wont tell you how long they should be but should help you inventory if you are missing one of two long bolts or two of the same bolts.

Ok, everything seems to be going back together fine. Only now, since i got a two core radiator instead of the single core like what was in there, the fan shroud is mighty tight. So snug in fact im not sure if i can make it work, plus the holes for the shroud are in a different spot!.

Should i

A) make it work as best i can.

B) Skip the fan shroud

C) try to source a skinnier shroud

D) go back to single core (i want the double, it gets hot here)

E) something else?

Ok, everything seems to be going back together fine. Only now, since i got a two core radiator instead of the single core like what was in there, the fan shroud is mighty tight. So snug in fact im not sure if i can make it work, plus the holes for the shroud are in a different spot!.

Should i

B) Skip the fan shroud

E) something else?

How 'bout some pics? And measurements? Show us how tight it is.

As for the holes being in a different spot, it sounds like you got the wrong radiator. Did it mount in the radiator support correctly?

Should i

B) Skip the fan shroud

E) something else?

A) and then C) if you can't make it work.

If you have heat problems the LAST thing you want to do is not have a fan shroud.

Pics would be great.

If you need to slot or drill a new hole I'd suggest using a fender washer under the head of the mounting screw(s).

Does the extra ~3/4" put the shroud opening back behind the fan?

I know when my shroud cracked through I didn't feel like taking the fan off, so I trimmed a bit at the bottom and slipped it in at an angle while using the uneven blade spacing to get it into place.

But always best to hang the shroud over the fan while you drop the radiator in, then move it forward and attach it.