Bullnose Forums

LMC - Long Motor Company

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those are them David!

(And about comparable with shipping included)

I'm not sure what mind meld you have with eBay, but you always seem quick to dig up the obscure parts for these trucks.

Simply amazing! :nabble_anim_handshake:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 11 months later...
Have ordered 3 or 4 sets of small parts mostly fromLMC. Service is good, parts quality is average but as Rembrandt said, they have the best printed catalogues with lots of information in them. My biggest issue is freight cost, being in Canada, often I order $150.00 worth of parts and the shipping cost is close to the same but in the end There are not many options.

• 1 year later...

In the States we are spoiled for choice on Ford truck suppliers, so they need to differentiate themselves. Unfortunately LMC has done so in a very negative fashion.

I'm not mad at LMC. In fact, since they are close to me and I know Keith personally I'd like them to succeed. But looking back on my career in IT, if I had programmers who said they weren't going to fix something like that they'd be looking for another job - w/o a positive reference. It isn't "clunky" in my experience. It is just wrong.

I will admit that when ordering some things that some of that info is necessary. But I'm already on the 1980-96 Ford page, so there is no reason to ask the Make question. And if I'm shopping for apparel I should never see any of the questions.

All it takes is customizing the pop-up questions and calling them at the appropriate time. But they can't be bothered.

So, I'll use catalogs that work correctly, or bypass the catalog altogether. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, I know this is an old post, but I need to vent about LMC. GasDoor Bumpers—— since May 23, I have tried to get the correct bumpers. Keith e-mailed me, he was looking into it. Received nothing since. I called a few weeks ago and they said would get back to me. Nothing. I called this week and they said they had 500 customers lately who bought them and not one problem. Either I have a very rare 85 Ford, possible?, or a production change at Va. plant, possible? Are they -issing down down my back and telling me it’s raining? The ones they send fit the hinge and not the body. This has gone on long enough and I will get them elsewhere. I will only buy from LMC if I can’t find it elsewhere. CJ

Gary, I know this is an old post, but I need to vent about LMC. GasDoor Bumpers—— since May 23, I have tried to get the correct bumpers. Keith e-mailed me, he was looking into it. Received nothing since. I called a few weeks ago and they said would get back to me. Nothing. I called this week and they said they had 500 customers lately who bought them and not one problem. Either I have a very rare 85 Ford, possible?, or a production change at Va. plant, possible? Are they -issing down down my back and telling me it’s raining? The ones they send fit the hinge and not the body. This has gone on long enough and I will get them elsewhere. I will only buy from LMC if I can’t find it elsewhere. CJ

Guess what?

I tagged him to this thread. 😉

🤣

I won't even look at their site because the damn UI is worthless for helping others. (and that's what I do, sitting in my truck all night)

So I make recommendations to JBG, Rock Auto, even Amazon.

It may be small potatoes, the sales they lose, but you will never see me recommend purchasing something there.

And as an admin I REALLY try to remain unbiased.

Guess what?

🤣

I won't even look at their site because the damn UI is worthless for helping others. (and that's what I do, sitting in my truck all night)

It may be small potatoes, the sales they lose, but you will never see me recommend purchasing something there.

To add:

When you're a big online company and the only feedback you get is that your UI sucks so bad that even rabid enthusiasts refuse to use it, that's a YOU problem, not a me problem! 🧐

I can understand your frustration, for sure. And I'm right there with Jim - I will NOT use their catalog. Hopefully Keith will get someone's attention to get things fixed. :nabble_smiley_good:

Guess what?

🤣

:nabble_anim_handshake:Dang Jim, didn’t mean to wake you up.

:nabble_anim_handshake:Dang Jim, didn’t mean to wake you up.

👿 don't poke the sleeping bear..

I had hopes when Keith first came on this forum and said he'd "pass it along but it wasn't his department"

Personally I'm D.O.N.E.

Screwups, catalog mistakes (as documented here) whatever are forgivable.

But I don't care who you are (an airline, the local diner, or an online retailer) if your Customer Service is THIS unresponsive you're never getting my business again.

I have other words, but this is NOT the place for that..... 🤐

A couple of days ago I started a thread for Blue Truck Parts and tagged him to the thread.

Gary said that he should go through and do that with all the others. I responded that I didn't think any were members.

But you, YOU CJ, gave me the wherewithal to bring attention to this garbage

👿 don't poke the sleeping bear..

I had hopes when Keith first came on this forum and said he'd "pass it along but it wasn't his department"

Personally I'm D.O.N.E.

Screwups, catalog mistakes (as documented here) whatever are forgivable.

But I don't care who you are (an airline, the local diner, or an online retailer) if your Customer Service is THIS unresponsive you're never getting my business again.

I have other words, but this is NOT the place for that..... 🤐

A couple of days ago I started a thread for Blue Truck Parts and tagged him to the thread.

Gary said that he should go through and do that with all the others. I responded that I didn't think any were members.

But you, YOU CJ, gave me the wherewithal to bring attention to this garbage

Thanks Jim, I was feeling like a “ Voice Crying in the Wilderness”. Thanks for all you do. CJ