Bullnose Forums

Custom grille

David, Gary and myself were having a side conversation about this custom grille, and Gary and I thought others here would like to see it. We think it may be Raptor lettering:

277EFB06-1D6E-4109-9E61-C986DAFFC5CB.png.5e4a248b7996e3ad2153e83ff2126c44.png

F81CB55D-19D4-4EF7-B776-663F9567A32A.png.9642483beb94c62118b6a2db4ad628b1.png

It’s an interesting mix of old and new... and whether or not it’s your cup of tea this truck seems nicely done. I like the consistency of the blackout treatment and the choice of gloss black like the XLS models. It is missing black door key bezels which are readily available for mustangs.

I asked Gary and David what they thought of the 18% grey color. I have no idea if it’s actually 18% or not, but being and old school photography enthusiast that’s what pops into my mind when I see it 🙂

I used to see that truck A LOT on FB or IG, or both. Haven't seen it much the last while. That grill is not my cup of tea personally, but I think it's fairly well done and seems to fit well.

Speaking of custom "Ford" grills, I see this truck below posted a fair amount on FB.

grill1.jpg.4d2ee19231fbacd112cca32f962b33a0.jpg

grill2.thumb.jpg.f8eeaf860bf3b528879f54e43f1f20a6.jpg

grill3.thumb.jpg.a31b946607980cf0fba09295964519d0.jpg

Raptor "style" lettering....

Whoever did it, did a good job. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bored of grey.

Subaru, Volvo, whatever..

I was over it, before it started.

Grey has been on the style pallete for a decade.

Finishing cabinets and installing kitchens it has me going crosseyed

As most here know I don't do FB so I miss a lot of this.

But I'm pretty excited about the new Raptor getting the GT-500 engine and stepping into the ring with Ram.

Bored of grey.

But I'm pretty excited about the new Raptor getting the GT-500 engine and stepping into the ring with Ram.

That use of the Raptor letters on the grill was nicely done, but not a fan of that color, but to each it's own. It's not mine and I don't have to look at it every day. The second example, although it seems to have been done nice as well, I'm just not a fan of. Maybe if the truck was painted a different color like wimbledon white.

Bored of grey.

I kinda like the Raptor-like grille. But as I told Jonathan and David, the letters don't seem quite right. Still, it is neat.

As for the color, it is kind of alright. Personally, having thought about it more, I like the factory color combos better.

I kinda like the Raptor-like grille. But as I told Jonathan and David, the letters don't seem quite right. Still, it is neat.

As for the color, it is kind of alright. Personally, having thought about it more, I like the factory color combos better.

Something about the Flareside is "off"

The grey one would be better as a Bronco. (I'm assuming that's what they were going for)

Good to see you Frank! :nabble_waving_orig:

Thanks for dropping in. :nabble_anim_handshake:

• 9 months later...

I'm doing some digging and I believe I'm going to try to do this to Winnie, my 86. Although, I'm not entirely sure I'd do the blackout with it. It will be an interesting attempt nonetheless. The truck is actually for my son, he's learning how to work on it. He's got 3 or 4 years before he gets to drive it legally, so that's plenty of time to experiment. He said he likes the FORD across the front so we shall give it a go.