Bullnose Forums

Vendor Polls/Ratings?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jim - We can include U-techcenter.

What I'm thinking I'll do is lock the folder down so no one but admins can start a thread as we want them to be consistent. But people need a way to suggest other vendors for the folder, so maybe we move this thread into that folder so people can suggest?

I really think this needs to be in the marketplace.

The stickies are already taking up half the page.

Is there a way to write a review beyond just giving stars, like a schoolteacher?

I know there are instances where I'd like to heap praise and point out where someone has gone above and beyond to make it right.

I really think this needs to be in the marketplace.

The stickies are already taking up half the page.

Is there a way to write a review beyond just giving stars, like a schoolteacher?

I know there are instances where I'd like to heap praise and point out where someone has gone above and beyond to make it right.

I think Marketplace is a good idea! :nabble_smiley_good:

And certainly you can do a whole review. You'll be able to both vote and post, although the two won't be associated as the voting is anon.

And Rock Auto had already come to mind, but I'd not thought about Tabco. Good idea.

Gary,

I think it's a great idea, but...a lot of votes are going to come down to opinions, which vary wildly. One thing I see very often is people complaining about LMC. I've personally had pretty good experience with LMC and their products. Does that mean I have lower standards, or that I'm less likely to complain, or maybe I've just had good luck? lol.

I am going to say I am optimistically cautious (cautiously optimistic?) on this.

Unless I am downright treated poorly and/or scammed, I chalk a lot of things up to human error or beyond the control or knowledge of the seller.

I like that users can change their rating if the situation changes. For example, with the information provided I would consider Rusty's experience a positive one in the end. They offered photos up front and they made it right. To me that's a good seller and doesn't sound like someone trying to pawn a bad part off. Who knows if they had a new hire pulling parts who had no idea what the part should look or function like. That's a situation where as long as they work with me on the resolution, I would buy from them again.

My personal lessons learned have driven home the importance of photos and knowing that no one cares about your vehicle like you do.

Rusty - please don't think I am discounting your situation. It's just the example readily at hand :nabble_smiley_beam:

Update: I meant to add - if there was ever a forum where something like this will work and help out the greater good, this is it.

I am going to say I am optimistically cautious (cautiously optimistic?) on this.

Unless I am downright treated poorly and/or scammed, I chalk a lot of things up to human error or beyond the control or knowledge of the seller.

I like that users can change their rating if the situation changes. For example, with the information provided I would consider Rusty's experience a positive one in the end. They offered photos up front and they made it right. To me that's a good seller and doesn't sound like someone trying to pawn a bad part off. Who knows if they had a new hire pulling parts who had no idea what the part should look or function like. That's a situation where as long as they work with me on the resolution, I would buy from them again.

My personal lessons learned have driven home the importance of photos and knowing that no one cares about your vehicle like you do.

Rusty - please don't think I am discounting your situation. It's just the example readily at hand :nabble_smiley_beam:

Update: I meant to add - if there was ever a forum where something like this will work and help out the greater good, this is it.

Scott - I think it is crucial that people be able to change their votes. Had I voted about RockAuto back in the day I'd have emphatically said they are a zero, not even a one. But I've subsequently learned that they do have a very good role to play.

And, as you said, it was one individual that told me an un-truth, probably just to make a sale. Had I to do that over again I'd get the person's name and help them understand that if they didn't check the box before shipping then I'd be having a voice conversation with his supervisor as I'd just written down what he said, word for word, the time of day, and his name in full. Saying that he might have backed off.

But it is that kind of documentation, as well as pictures, that is necessary when dealing with vendors.

Oops, I missed the update. I think you are right on this point as well. We have no ties to any vendor, although we have Scotty Johnston, Tim Meyer, and Keith Dickson as members. But we have no ties to those companies. And we have no sponsors. So we are in a good position to critique them.

Oops, I missed the update. I think you are right on this point as well. We have no ties to any vendor, although we have Scotty Johnston, Tim Meyer, and Keith Dickson as members. But we have no ties to those companies. And we have no sponsors. So we are in a good position to critique them.

Scottie and Tim are the Vanguard!

LMC is what it is, but I'm sure with Keith's input will evolve.

Quality will improve with a viable sounding board (in him)

But I DO worry about Fordification...

Scottie and Tim are the Vanguard!

LMC is what it is, but I'm sure with Keith's input will evolve.

Quality will improve with a viable sounding board (in him)

But I DO worry about Fordification...

I wouldn't worry about FORDification. He has the same passion for that as I have for this, and he won't neglect it.

I wouldn't worry about FORDification. He has the same passion for that as I have for this, and he won't neglect it.

That's good to hear!

I only got a glimpse, when he posted here about accepting the job and uprooting his life.

I hope both endeavors continue to be rewarding for Keith! :nabble_smiley_good: