Bullnose Forums

Vendor Polls/Ratings?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just had an idea that I want to try out on you. And that is the idea of having polls on vendors.

Here's how they would work. We'd have a folder called something like Vendor Reviews, and in that folder we'd have a thread for each vendor we want to review. And each of you would have one vote on each vendor, with the results visible to all - members, the whole internet, and the vendors themselves. You can just vote or you can vote and comment. Or, just comment. Your call. In fact, you can come back any time and change your vote and that will be reflected in the total. And no one can see who voted nor how they voted.

As for voting, I'd suggest we have a "star" system of 1 - 5. So you'd vote for a vendor's star rating, like in the poll below. (Go ahead and vote so we can see the way things would work. And then come back and change your vote to prove that works.)

I'd leave the end date open so these polls won't ever end. So over years and even decades we can get an idea who the better vendors are.

I suggest we start with vendors like Autoline, LMC, Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, NPD, & Dennis Carpenter. And the guideline would be that you should have had dealings with them in order to be able to vote. So that would probably limit it to national outfits - right?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Better ideas?

Gary, sounds good to me. Jim might want to add Pete's used parts as that's where his Saginaw came from along with his mirrors.
That's an idea, Bill. But we might want to break those kinds of things into regions. So, we could have two major categories:

1. International: This would include vendors that sell internationally, like LMC, NPD, etc.

Regional: We might want to cordon off rough regions, like Eastern or Southern, for those vendors that some of us deal with but aren't national much less international. And, this could include a region for Europe, Australia, South America, etc if there are vendors there that people want to rate.

That's an idea, Bill. But we might want to break those kinds of things into regions. So, we could have two major categories:

1. International: This would include vendors that sell internationally, like LMC, NPD, etc.

Regional: We might want to cordon off rough regions, like Eastern or Southern, for those vendors that some of us deal with but aren't national much less international. And, this could include a region for Europe, Australia, South America, etc if there are vendors there that people want to rate.
I think thats a great idea. Me just like probably everybody else has horror stories and good stories. I'd sure look at it

Gary,

I think it's a great idea, but...a lot of votes are going to come down to opinions, which vary wildly. One thing I see very often is people complaining about LMC. I've personally had pretty good experience with LMC and their products. Does that mean I have lower standards, or that I'm less likely to complain, or maybe I've just had good luck? lol.

Gary,

I think it's a great idea, but...a lot of votes are going to come down to opinions, which vary wildly. One thing I see very often is people complaining about LMC. I've personally had pretty good experience with LMC and their products. Does that mean I have lower standards, or that I'm less likely to complain, or maybe I've just had good luck? lol.

Well, they say opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one, but you don't necessarily want to see it.

I always have a hard time with 1-10 or whatever.

You ought to see me in urgent care! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

So can we include vendors that have random items?

Rusty was complaining about the CCCP yesterday, and rightfully so from my understanding.

But I can't think of a better source for NOS than U-techcenter, and would want to praise them even though I'd really want to guard them like a poker hand. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Gary,

All ratings are opinions. So this will be nothing different. Just like Amazon, say, where you can give a rating to a product. But in this case we are rating the vendor itself. So we will have to be on our best behavior.

But, if you have a bad day and give someone a 1 or a 2 you can come back the next day or a year later and change it. Maybe they made it right? Maybe the next purchase was excellent?

Well, they say opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one, but you don't necessarily want to see it.

Rusty was complaining about the CCCP yesterday, and rightfully so from my understanding.

But I can't think of a better source for NOS than U-techcenter, and would want to praise them even though I'd really want to guard them like a poker hand. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I think you need to include Rockauto and Tabco.

I'm sure there are others, but those were in my mind when I read the thread title.

Jim - We can include U-techcenter.

What I'm thinking I'll do is lock the folder down so no one but admins can start a thread as we want them to be consistent. But people need a way to suggest other vendors for the folder, so maybe we move this thread into that folder so people can suggest?

All ratings are opinions. So this will be nothing different. Just like Amazon, say, where you can give a rating to a product. But in this case we are rating the vendor itself. So we will have to be on our best behavior.

But, if you have a bad day and give someone a 1 or a 2 you can come back the next day or a year later and change it. Maybe they made it right? Maybe the next purchase was excellent?

I think mistakes happen.

The telling part is how a vendor responds to them.

It might not even be their fault, like an angry customer due to a lost package, or the wrong item in a box from RA.

They don't open each box to check. And you wouldn't expect a warehouse worker to know exactly what should be in each box anyhow.