Bullnose Forums

Rockauto Raybestos rotor/hub set

fr0bert

Can't answer your specific question but is there a welding shop/machine shop nearby?

Odds are they will press them all in for a reasonable price while you wait.

At least that's my experience. Plus you meet some great people and get to look at some neat stuff while there.

Can't answer your specific question but is there a welding shop/machine shop nearby?

Odds are they will press them all in for a reasonable price while you wait.

At least that's my experience. Plus you meet some great people and get to look at some neat stuff while there.

I don't think they come with races installed. But I think they come with the lugs installed as that is what holds the rotor to the hub.

Installing races just takes a brass drift and a hammer. Don't use a steel drift as it'll ding the race. But a brass drift is quite inexpensive, and surely you have a hammer?

I can't say for sure, but I can say that when I bought Raybestos PG hub and rotor assemblies for my eight lug 250 they did have races installed.

Maybe a local parts store has those in stock?

Have them pull it off the shelf so you can look at that same part number and see for sure that they come installed.

Also know that new races should always be seated by over tightening the hub, spinning it by hand, then backing off and setting the right torque, or drag.

Excellent! I'm happy to be wrong. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Excellent guys, thanks for the input. The videos I looked at has guys using those circular race/seal driver sets and Something sticks in my craw about spending 40 bucks on tools I'll use for one thing 😂

I should get a set of punches though!

Excellent guys, thanks for the input. The videos I looked at has guys using those circular race/seal driver sets and Something sticks in my craw about spending 40 bucks on tools I'll use for one thing 😂

So far in my career, I've never seen a front hub that didn't include races...

You can always use a big socket and extension.

You can even use the pronged axle locknut sockets, if you put the extension from inside the socket.... or, so I've heard.

(Not that I would know anything about misusing tools like that! :nabble_smiley_whistling:)

I don't think they come with races installed. But I think they come with the lugs installed as that is what holds the rotor to the hub.

Installing races just takes a brass drift and a hammer. Don't use a steel drift as it'll ding the race. But a brass drift is quite inexpensive, and surely you have a hammer?

I have a few pieces of 17mm bronze shafting in my punch drawer for just this sort of thing.

Get a longer one and cut it to useful lengths.

I think I have 90, 170, 300 mm lengths