Bullnose Forums

84 F150 Brake light issues

Crixmix

Did you keep the switch that had the bad wire? Can you put it back but protect the wire? Just for testing?

Little late but a flasher is cheap & easy to replace so would give that a try first.

If doing the switch just for testing he could just unplug the new from the harness and plug in the old for testing no?

This way he would not need to remove the wheel and sneak the wires up & down the column.

Also to get the wires up & down do they need to be removed from the hard plug then put back in the hard plug?

If so could you got 2 wires in the wrong slots?

Dave ----

Dave - I think he could just unplug the installed switch and plug in the old one for testing. Good idea.

As for sneaking the wires down the column, if he did pull the wires from the connector it would be easy to swap two.

Dave - I think he could just unplug the installed switch and plug in the old one for testing. Good idea.

As for sneaking the wires down the column, if he did pull the wires from the connector it would be easy to swap two.

I am lazy so the unplug and plug in the old is the way I would go after a flasher swap.

On my Javelin the only way to get the wires up / down the column was to pull them from the hard plug.

Thing was between the new & old switch the colors were different so I had to trace out wires on both switches to make sure the wires went to the same place on the switch before pulling the hard parts off.

That is why I asked how dose the switch get replaced and the wire swap.

Dave ----

Dave - I think he could just unplug the installed switch and plug in the old one for testing. Good idea.As for sneaking the wires down the column, if he did pull the wires from the connector it would be easy to swap two.
I am lazy so the unplug and plug in the old is the way I would go after a flasher swap.On my Javelin the only way to get the wires up / down the column was to pull them from the hard plug.Thing was between the new & old switch the colors were different so I had to trace out wires on both switches to make sure the wires went to the same place on the switch before pulling the hard parts off.That is why I asked how dose the switch get replaced and the wire swap.Dave ----
The wires do get disconnected from the plug and reconnected. But I took special care to make sure they all went to the appropriate place. I have looked in the manual for the hazard  flasher it says it’s behind fuse unit or under dash but I cannot for the life of me find the hazard flasher

Sent from my iPhone

It is on the back side of the fuse box.

If you look at the box it has 1 screws that hold blocks to the floor / firewall.

The box should slide / pull off them blocks to get to the back side where the flasher is.

Then just slide / push the fuse box back on the blocks.

Now it may be easier to undo the 2 screws?

Dave ----