Bullnose Forums

New member - 1985 F-150 RCLB

ZPO

Howdy, I'm Brian, the new caretaker of a 1985 F-150 RCLB. It is a former farm truck that spent at least the last five years sitting. It is now somewhat running with a bunch of cleaning and maintenance in the near future. Just the things to do outside in August in Central Texas.

General specs:

2WD - RCLB

5.0 EFI

AOD (cycles fine through all the gears with no slipping)

8.8 rear with 3.55s (based on a quick check)

It is tan overall with chunks of the rubber molding still hanging on for dear life - which will all leave soon.

Hopefully I got all the high points I'm supposed to list in a first post. Does "sort of reading the instructions" count???

Yes, welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

You did a good job telling us about the truck. But pics would help. And is the rubber trim that's hanging the adhesive-attached stuff? If so, that was only used in '85 & '6, and is really hard to find.

As for doing that work in central Texas in August, that doesn't sound like fun. But what part of central Texas? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd put you on if we had a city or a zip.

And you did a great job of providing details. You even have a signature. Well done! :nabble_smiley_good:

Last, don't miss that we are having a virtual truck show and, as a member, you can both enter as well as vote when the time comes. Read all about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show in the menu.

Welcome!

You did a good job telling us about the truck. But pics would help. And is the rubber trim that's hanging the adhesive-attached stuff? If so, that was only used in '85 & '6, and is really hard to find.

As for doing that work in central Texas in August, that doesn't sound like fun. But what part of central Texas? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd put you on if we had a city or a zip.

And you did a great job of providing details. You even have a signature. Well done! :nabble_smiley_good:

Last, don't miss that we are having a virtual truck show and, as a member, you can both enter as well as vote when the time comes. Read all about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show in the menu.

Welcome!

I'm near a town called Liberty Hill. Far enough away from Austin and in a different county to avoid the crazies.

The trim is the adhesive attached stuff. It is all falling off, some is gone, and there is one piece in the bed. I'm not a fan of it.

Lets see if the pictures can be added directly.

F150-FQL-800x600.jpg.58cb660eb7f03b620d14f087e3643540.jpgF150-FQR-800x600.jpg.a8a81f35c8d0399b93b65398992d2fac.jpgF150-INT-800x600.jpg.ae122e6a856bddb35bde36c5bf160e9c.jpg

Welcome!

I'm near a town called Liberty Hill. Far enough away from Austin and in a different county to avoid the crazies.

The trim is the adhesive attached stuff. It is all falling off, some is gone, and there is one piece in the bed. I'm not a fan of it.

Welcome!

Ah, the optional chrome hood release! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Welcome!

Brian - You are now on the map. And, you aren't really all that alone out there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Also, I can tell that you replied via email rather than clicking the link that says "If you reply to this email...". I can tell because of all the excess baggage that comes with posting via email. Take a look at this post and you can see what I mean - it copies in the post to which you are replying.

This is your thread so you can do what you want. But others might not appreciate all of the extra baggage that is hard to sort through. Two ways around that:

• 1. Click on the "If you reply..." link, which will log you onto the forum and post there.

• 2. If you really want to post via email then click the three dots that most email apps have at the bottom of your reply and delete the baggage before you send the email.

Ah, the optional chrome hood release! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I can't tell you how many times a pair of vice-grip has saved my bacon.

Especially on motorcycles with cable clutch or brakes (yes, I'm old)

But a shift lever or rear brake pedal for a week until the shop could get a new one.